[Tango-A] NA-E: NYC Sun w/Beatrix and Michael--Serious/Fun at Esmeralda's

Lucille Krasne lukrasne at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 19:59:03 EDT 2010

ESMERALDA¹S continuing with the Popular UP CLOSE & PERSONAL Series
Dance 8:30 to 12:30 w/ DJ ILENE La Rubia

Do you like to learn, observe. talk to teachers who are deeply committed to
the teaching of tango and the connection, who are unpretentious, genuine and
generous? (And fun for sure‹watch for a special announcement about their
demonstration) Then.... MEET A WONDERFUL COUPLE being introduced to NYC,
visiting from BsAS.... BEATRIX Satzinger and MICHAEL Young‹they offer an
illuminating class, performance and mini-private lessons/evaluations!!
Amazingly clear‹and they are all about CONNECTION, CONNECTION, CONNECTION!
This Sunday. Class at 7:15, Demonstration at 10:00, Mini-Privates throughout
the milonga in the back Party Room.

See www.embracetango.com and read the accolades. I print one down below
because I love it.

Private Minis are $25 for 15min. For intermediate class add $5 (well, this
class is terrific for those dancing 6 months or 10 years!)
Beginners are invited to monitor/observe this class without the $5 charge.
We will not offer a separate beginner class this week.

>From my favorite quote:
³... if someone would simply explain to us the 1001 points of technique
required to get to that nirvana. Uniquely among tango instructors, Michael
can explain every one of those technical points. More astonishingly, he does
it. Instantly, on the spot...beautiful and balletic Beatrix displays
infinite patience, kindness and gentle humour as she allows herself to be
either twisted or frozen to reflect the grotesque attitudes we think are our
current, finely honed tango skills. Perhaps their greatest gift as a
teaching couple is allowing us to emerge from such an ego-crushing
experience believing even more strongly that we too will soon be perfect --
instead of committing suicide." David Gurr and Diane Tolomeo, Victoria, BC
This is is what I call ³teaching².  Lucille

212 777 6053
³Esmeralda¹s TANGO AND TAPAS² Sundays
Session 73--73rd and 1st Av, SW corner
Session 73: 212 517 4445