[Tango-A] NA-C: Heartland Tango Fest, Aug. 20-22 -- green & gender balance

Pauline Oo paulinetango at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 19:21:10 EDT 2010

That's right!

Our goal is to be as environmentally friendly as possible and to make
the festival as fun for you as we can by paying attention to gender
balance. So, come join us!

Many who have registered are helping us achieve this, for example:

* Visiting dancers are going to skip car rental and get around by
light rail, rental bikes, or walking.
* Local dancers are committed to car pooling or biking.
* Everyone's reserved their classes (helps us monitor gender balance).
* Dancers taking advanced classes have signed up with a partner.

We'll continue to keep an eye on the leader-follower ratio, and we'll
do our best to make the class experience good for everyone.

REGISTER TODAY for early bird savings:  http://heartlandtangofestival.com

---FAQ---

Do I need to reserve my place in classes?
Yes, class sizes are limited. If you skip this step, your favorite
class may fill up!

Do I need a partner?
Yes. But only for the advanced and teacher-level classes -- to ensure
gender balance and some reliable level of dancing. If you don't have a
partner, find one on our Facebook discussion page:
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=193587306393&topic=14447

What if I change my mind about the classes I sign up for?