[Tango-A] NA-E: Celebrate Tango Week NYC 19-25 July 2010 CLASSES!!

events events at celebratetango.com
Mon Jul 12 04:07:16 EDT 2010

Celebrate Tango Week NYC
Tango & Film Festival
19 - 25 July, 2009
Come for enter or watch the 4th USA Tango championship,
Come for the 5th USA Tango Film Festival
Come to celebrate Nelson Avila & Facundo Posadas¹ 70th birthdays.
come to dance, dance, dance at the Black & White Ball
and to dance in Central Park & on the Staten Island Ferry
PLUS you can...
Register now for one or a whole day of this years festival Classes!
Choose from a line up of talent that have starred in Broadway shows and
Major
Films...
Jorge Torres (Forever Tango) direction changes,  vals
Junior Cervila & Natalia Royo (Tango Argentino) sweeps, giros & ocho
cortados,
jumps,, colgadas & volcadas, pivots & embellishments, sacadas & boleos.
Facundo Posadas Milonga Candombe, Milonga Traspie & Tango Facundo Style
Faye & Bryant Lopez (NYC debut ­ classic styling from Canada/Argentina)
agujas, giros & adorns, pasadas & paradas, vals musicialtiy and turns.
Classes both Saturday July 24th & Sunday July 25th start at 11am, 12:35 and
3:30pm at Stepping Out 37 W 26 St

Send your non dancing friends to the 3 hour crash course Sat July 24th
11am-2pm with our local talent...or to one of the free City wide intro
classes
starting Monday July 19th
See the incredible selection of classes and events for the whole week:
http://celebratetango.com/images/festival/schedule.pdf
Additional details at:
www.celebratetango.com/festival/program.html
including...
THURSDAY July 22nd:
4th USA TANGO CHAMPIONSHIP with Amateur Salon Finals, Open Salon
Qualifications.
FRIDAY July 23rd:
3:00 pm we meet in the Terminal of the Staten Island Ferry by the red
balloons
for our annual HitandRun Milonga dancing to Staten Island on the 4:00pm
Ferry
and dancing back on the 4:30 Ferry from White Hall.(free) followed later
by...
4th USA TANGO CHAMPIONSHIP with Open Salon and Stage Finals
SATURDAY July 24th:
Classes run from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm Stepping Out 37 W 26 St #6L
 $60 for two morning classes $90 for the day in advance. $35 one class
2:30-3:30 we celebrate local authors at a book  signing for 4 tango books
Tango Argentino ­ the inside story Anton Gazenbeek
A Tango Lovers Guide to Buenos Aires ­ Migdalia Romero
Pareces (Seemingly) Nelson Avilas compilation of poems and photos.
Montauk Tango ­ a novel by Lewis Gross
Then
Grab a bite to eat and maybe a run to dance under the trees in Central park.
Be sure to leave enough time to

Remember to get your ticket for the ...
For the 10th Famous Black & White Ball Saturday July 24th 9:30pm-2:30am
The amazing line up of performers for the midnight show are:
NELSON AVILA & MADALYN KLEIN
FACUNDO POSADAS & CING-PING PENG
 JUNIOR CERVILA & NATALIA ROYO
 ANTON GAZENBEEK
 FAYE & BRYANT LOPEZ
 GAYLE MADEIRA & SID GRANT

Stepping Out Studios 37 W 26 St 9th floor.
only $25-$30 advance $35 at the door!! Free wine, sodas and munchies.

TO REGISTER FOR ANY CLASS OR EVENT:
On line with a credit card at
http://celebratetango.com/festival/register.html
by mailing check or money order with registration form and check payable to
Celebrate Tango
http://celebratetango.com/images/festival/reg10.pdf
To Celebrate Tango, 220 E 26 St #6L, NY NY 10010, USA.
In person from Ensueno Milonga Mondays Lafayette Grill, Evelyn, Gayatri,
Baneza or Julie. Cocktail Tango Wednesdays Stella Restaurant,

Did we mention the free introductory classes starting all over NYC made
possible by teachers and studios donating time and space! They are on the
schedule too!
http://celebratetango.com/images/festival/0710sched5.pdf
Looking forward to...
Celebrating Tango!
Gayatri Martin
212 725 1078
Www.celebratetango.com

Ps if you do not receive a response within 1 week please re-send your
e-mail.
It appears that perhaps due to the spam filters occasional e-mails do not
get
through.