[Tango-A] NA-E: This Sunday! Special Benefit Milonga for Haiti in NYC w/ the Lombard Twins, DJ Face-Off and More!

Harue Jacob harue at eharue.com
Sat Jan 30 02:34:19 EST 2010

TANGO FOR HAITI is happening this SUNDAY!

This is a one-time fundraiser with 100% of the proceeds going to the relief
effort in Haiti.  We got news!!  The line-up of the performers and the DJ's
got even more exciting.  We have also received so many wonderful items for
the silent auction by generous people.  So don't miss this great, one-time
event to help people in Haiti!

When:  Sunday, January 31, 3-8pm
Where:  DanceSport (22 W 34th St NYC, 4th FL)
Performances by:  The Lombard Twins (music by JP Romarion and Dario Boente),
Mauro Peralta and Marika Landry
DJs:  Adam, Evan, Linda, Martin, Yesim, and Z. (yes, it¹s the DJ Face-Off!)
Admission:  $15, more is better.

THE GUEST ARTISTS:
Mauro Peralta and Marika Landry, who are already well known by many NYC
tango dancers, are one of the newest couples on the North American scene.
They are instructors at the Gotan dance school in Montréal and have been
featured performers with notable orchestras such as Ensemble Montréal Tango.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVgsUCTZbVs

Martin and Facundo Lombard, identical twin brothers from Buenos Aires, have
been performing worldwide and have appeared on many notable stages including
Lincoln Center and New York City Center.  Some of the names of Hollywood
artists they have worked with include Whitney Houston, George Michael, and
Wyclef Jean & The Electric Company.  They also presented their theatrical
production "Lombard Play Piazzolla - The Dance Concert" at Rosie O¹Donnell¹s
³Rosie Live² on NBC.  This coming Sunday, they¹ll be joined by two very
talented musicians, JP Romarion and Dario Boente.  This is so exciting!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL0v9N0JjpA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph7G5kM6ZG4

MUSICIANS
JP Romarion is a winner of the National Prize of the Arts Grant (Premio
Fondo Naciónal de las Artes.)  This bandoneónista has taken his form of
contemporary tango to some of the New York City¹s most important venues such
as the New York City Center, Blue Note, Metropolitan Museum, and Jazz
Standard.
http://www.jofremusic.com/

Dario Boente is an Argentine pianist and composer, and leads his own band
³Huge in Japan.²  He has released CDs featuring well-known jazz musicians
including a Grammy Award winner Joshua Thompson.  He has also been called ³a
techno wizard but also a superb musical craftsman, whose arranging skills
and gift at playing keyboards and piano strike most impressive notes on this
globally-inspired album.²
http://www.darioboente.com/

SILENT AUCTION:
There are so many fabulous items (private lessons, shoes, gift certificates,
a night at a luxurious (and famous) hotel, and so much more!).  We¹re so
grateful for the generosity and support people have shown us.  It is now
your turn to bid and grab your favorite item!

We¹re committed to donate 100% of proceeds to Partners In Health.  This has
been made possible because all the stars and event staff are volunteers.
We¹re also thankful for the beautiful space that has been generously donated
by Paul Pellicoro of DanceSport.

If you have a fabulous item you would like to donate for this event, please
visit www.tangoforhaiti.org or contact lindsey at tangoforhaiti.org

We look forward to seeing you on Sunday!

www.tangoforhaiti.org
Lindsey, Tine, Santiago, Stephanie, Harue