[Tango-A] NA-E: Save-The-Date for Special Benefit Milonga for Haiti in NYC

Harue Jacob harue at eharue.com
Tue Jan 19 11:20:19 EST 2010

Dear tangueros of New York and the nation,

SAVE THE DATE for "Tango For Haiti", a fundraiser with 100% of the proceeds
going to the relief effort in Haiti.

When:  Sunday, January 31, 3-8pm, NYC
Where: DanceSport (22 W 34th St NYC)
www.tangoforhaiti.org

Did you know...

    * The latest death toll estimates top 50,000, even 100,000?
    * Countless more people are severely injured and urgently need medical
and surgical attention and supplies
    * Clean water and food are very scarce, a problem we in NY cannot even
imagine
    * The threat of epidemics like cholera grows by the minute
    * And when the dust settles and the press moves on, the people of Haiti
face a very long and arduous slog rebuilding clinics, schools, roads, wells,

You can help!
Don't wait for our fundraiser event: donate now what you can to a major
relief organization with teams already on the ground in Haiti.
Texting money to Haiti may take less than 10 seconds for you, but it can
take 3 months for your money to arrive in the hands of the relief
organization. Online donations by credit card arrive overnight!

Then, come to our Tango For Haiti Fundraiser on Sunday Jan 31 at DanceSport
(22 W 34th St NYC):

    * Great dancing to New York's favorite DJs
    * New York's tango talent showcase
    * Silent Auction; shop for relief! To contribute a silent auction item,
please go to www.tangoforhaiti.org
    * 100% of the admission ($15) and auction proceeds go to the relief
effort in Haiti via major organizations such as Doctors without borders,
etc.
    * DanceSport is pitching in by donating their space for zero rent
(thanks!)

If you want to volunteer, go to www.tangoforhaiti.org. We have small jobs
for busy people and bigger jobs for people with time. We just want you to be
involved!

Silent auction items wanted: lessons, consultations, tickets,
used/unused/underused tango shoes, subscriptions, gift baskets, travel,
anything people might want to bid on. Please go to www.tangoforhaiti.org to
contribute.

So save the date Sunday Jan 31 3-8pm and stay tuned for updates!

Thank you very much
The Tango For Haiti organizing committee
Santiago, Stephanie, Lindsey, Tine, Harue, ....