[Tango-A] NA-W: Online Registration OPEN: Gustavo & Giselle "Incredible February" Tango Weekend Workshops in Boulder, Colorado!

Brian Dunn brianpdunn at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 12 19:45:33 EST 2010

Dear Tango Aficionados,

Dance of the Heart is very pleased to announce that online registration is
now open for the “Incredible February” FOUR-WEEKEND series of SIXTEEN TOTAL
workshops in Boulder with peerless tango maestros Gustavo Naveira & Giselle
Anne!

FULL SCHEDULE & DETAILS ONLINE
Go to our website at www.danceoftheheart.com/feb2010.htm to view the classes
and register online with your credit card, or to see other payment options
(cash at the door or by mailed check in advance). We’ve put together $105
discount packages for each weekend’s classes to simplify life for
out-of-towners drawn to join us for one or more weekends.  You can also pay
$30 (cash or check) for each class at the door.

PLEASE NOTE!
We have a special Valentine’s package for the weekend of Feb. 13-14, which
includes our “MILONGA DEL CORAZON” at the Avalon Ballroom – featuring “DJ
Gustavo” and a special performance by Gustavo & Giselle! The Valentine’s
weekend package is $115/person, INCLUDING the Milonga!

In addition, EACH weekend will offer other tango treats either through Dance
of the Heart or through our fellow organizers in Boulder and Denver! Friday
night at the Mercury Café is always a treat, and our calendar will keep an
updated list of other local activities each weekend!

UNIQUE CLASS STRUCTURE, SPECTACULAR VENUE
Gustavo & Giselle have carefully arranged class topics so that each weekend
offers one workshop in four broad areas: “Tango Milonguero”, “Grandes
Figuras del Tango”, “Musicality” and “Deep Fundamentals”. Of course, if you
are at all familiar with the luminous work of these two legendary tango
dancers and teachers, you already know it’s invaluable to take a class in
ANYTHING with them, just to partake in the deep historical, cultural,
technical, analytical, artistic and inspirational riches that they can’t
resist sharing with all of us in sessions like these.

Again, we’re very fortunate to use the facilities of the Avalon Ballroom in
Boulder for our classes and Valentine’s Milonga. The Ballroom has been
expanding, and we have a huge new studio to use for our weekend classes.

INTEGRATE THE MATERIAL OVER A FULL MONTH OF INSTRUCTION
These workshops are made possible in part by Gustavo & Giselle’s decision to
spend a great deal of time in Boulder, Colorado for the immediate future.
Not only does this allow them to present fantastic material like this
workshop series without the stress of constant extensive travel, but it will
allow tango dancers to have the opportunity to take an extended exploration
of what they offer without having to cram the entire experience into just a
few consecutive days. With the depth of their offerings, having time in
between the four-class-per-weekend sessions allows dancers to internalize
the insights and learning from each class, come up with questions for the
maestros in subsequent classes, practice with fellow students over a more
relaxed timeframe, and generally have more of the benefits available to
those who take G&G’s weekly classes in Buenos Aires over the course of
several weeks – except our classes are all in English, AND you DON’T have to
have a PARTNER!! Immediately after these workshops, Gustavo & Giselle head
for the airport again for more international tango events, so get them while
you can!

GENDER BALANCE LOGISTICS & (POTENTIAL) CLASS SIZE LIMITS
We’ll be able to handle a certain degree of gender imbalance with our
well-trained staff, but if the usual rush of women who sign up outstrip our
ability to gender-balance with our staff, we may need to restrict the pace
of follower sign-ups until leader’s registrations pick up. So followers at
least are well-advised to sign up in advance – and of course you can always
register with a partner and choose to remain together. At this point we
don’t expect to have to limit the class size, but we reserve the right to do
so if we end up getting buried! Watch our website for details, or send us an
e-mail to be put on our “early-notice” list for late-breaking news.

We look forward to seeing you in Boulder in February!

Abrazos,
Brian Dunn & Deb Sclar
Dance of the Heart
www.danceoftheheart.com
“Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time”