[Tango-A] NA-E: TERRIFIC OPPORTUNITY: Esmeralda's features DANIELA ARCURI

Lucille Krasne lukrasne at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 16:11:42 EST 2010

SUNDAY!  DANIELA ARCURI @ ESMERALDA'S @ SESSION 73
ESMERALDA¹S TANGO AND TAPAS!!!  Feb. 28th
73 and 1st Av, S.W. Corner

DANIELA ARCURI will be with US US US!!!
She will offer a special class Sunday night in
APILADO CLOSE EMBRACE‹7:45‹Plus private mini-lessons offered!

Please note LATER TIME for Daniela¹s class to accommodate her trip from
Woodstock
‹she is special enough to do this!! (See my comments and Ilene¹s 'way down
below)
DANCE 8:45 TO VERY LATE (BUT If you want to START DANCING at 8:00, you can
in the Party Room!)
Our DJ *ILENE, la Rubia Del Norte!!!

Milonga Admission: $10 includes Beginners class with Danny Baron
PLEASE ADD $5 for DANIELA¹S apilado class.

OH JOY‹AN OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE A MINI-PRIVATE SESSION WITH DANIELA
‹15 min, for $25--What a rare treat!!  Daniela is in NY to do workshops* in
Woodstock... she is not teaching
in NYC this trip...SO experience her Sunday!!!! Call for reservations. 212
777 6053.
See bio Œway down below.

MIL GRACIAS for all the great wishes and dances and everything wonderful
given me at my birthday milonga! And the pleasure of company with other
Pisces I love- Dennis, Graham/Guzman, Effie, and Dwight!
See you all soon again, I hope.
Lucille
212 777 6053
Session 73: 212 517 4445

For me (Lucille), Daniela was one of the most memorable of all women I first
experienced who came to teach tango maybe also 14 years ago‹I remember her
from a guest teaching visit to Dance Manhattan, and a spell-binding
exhibition of her style of apilado at the old Danel and Maria milonga on 8th
Ave in the olden days when there were  maybe 2-3 milongas a week‹
Daniela gave me the idea of the true participation of the woman‹by her
strength and originality: she was totally supportive of her partner, and
totally her own person!
.
Ilene Marder* (Creator of the amazing Woodstock Tango, procurer of Daniela
for us--see woodstocktango.com for schedule) wrote---
³She has been a major influence on me (and so many others around the world)
for many years...
.Daniela is an acclaimed, master teacher & performer. She uses her body to
connect and communicate with her partner in a pure porteña way... her dance
is sensuous, dazzling, and technically superb. She is a GREAT treacher,
adept at all styles, always concentrating on connection, musicality and body
dynamics.²
Daniela¹s Bio:
Master Teacher, Choreographer, Performer

Daniela Arcuri grew up in the heart of Buenos Aires, where she absorbed
the English, French, Spanish and mostly Italian influences that define
the cosmopolitan "porteño" culture of this port city. At age
thirteen, Daniela began training in ballet, modern dance, music, acting,
jazz, argentinian folk dancing, and gymnastics and began teaching,
choreographing, and performing tango for modern dance at the age of
fifteen. She is a graduate of the prestigious Escuela National de Danzas
and Instituto Nacional de Gimnasia in Buenos Aires and former
competitive athlete on the Argentinian National Rhythmic Gymnastics
Team... (now regularly appearing on the Solo Tango TV channel in Buenos
Aires..teaching/performing in more
than 200 cities in Europe and the U.S.)

DANIELA & OMAR VEGA @ BOSTON TANGO FESTIVAL/MILONGA!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQKVtiYSMNA