[Tango-A] NA-E: NYC Thank you! Tango for Haiti was a great success!

Harue Jacob harue at eharue.com
Wed Feb 3 20:43:40 EST 2010

We, the organizing committee of TANGO FOR HAITI, want to thank EVERYONE who
came, donated, and showed support to the event on Sunday at DanceSport.  It
was a huge success, and we're excited to have raised over $5,000 all of
which is going to Partners in Health for Haiti relief effort.

We're overwhelmed by the support and generosity the NYC Tango community has
shown us to help people in Haiti.  So many people gave more than $15 at the
door, brought home-made cakes and food, and donated great items for the
silent auction.  All the volunteers and the DJs gave, in addition to their
time and services.  And the amazing performances by Mauro Peralta & Marika
Landry and The Lombard Twins, accompanied by the music of Juan Pablo Jofre
Romarion and Dario Boente, rocked the house.  It was a fantastic evening!

We are so grateful to Paul Pellicoro and his helpful staff at DanceSport for
providing a great venue for the event.  Even his bar staff donated their
tips and a considerable portion of their receipts of the evening for the
cause.

The committee undertook organizing this event with the commitment to give
100% of the proceeds for Haiti when the disaster struck.  We were able to
accomplish this because of all the people who helped to make it a success.

So we'd like to say to everyone, THANK YOU!!!

www.tangoforhaiti.org
Lindsey, Tine, Santiago, Stephanie, Harue