[Tango-A] MISC: New book about Carlos Gavito

ABRAZOS, Daniel Canuti info at abrazosbooks.com
Mon Aug 23 10:39:34 EDT 2010

ABRAZOS publishing house is pleased to announce the publication of I Wanted to Dance by journalist Ricardo Plazaola. I Wanted to Dance is the English version of Yo Quería Bailar and was translated by Karen Simon, a Montreal/Buenos Aires translator and tango teacher.

I Wanted to Dance  is an account of the colorful and sometimes surprising life of Carlos Gavito, whose personal journey took him around the world to more than 90 countries and led him back to his native Buenos Aires, where he died all too soon. It is also the story of how he evolved from a rapid dancer of rock 'n' roll to an elegant dancer and teacher of tango with a unique style that has moved and influenced more dancers than we can possibly imagine.

more Info and how to order at:
http://www.abrazosbooks.com/IE/index.php?p=223

Daniel Canuti
ABRAZOS