[Tango-A] NA-E: Tango School Open House September 2nd

StrictlyTraditional Tango statnyc at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 14:11:38 EDT 2010

“A Taste of Tango” - Open House
Thursday, September 2nd, from 6:30 PM to 11 PM

Chelsea Studios
151 W 26th St,
5th floor, New York, NY, 10001

Price $5

Reserve through statnyc at yahoo.com
www.learnargentinetango.com

Come to enjoy an evening with of Argentine Tango. You will
have the chance to explore our school and sign up for our pack of classes with a special discount.

6:30 – 7:00 pm
Video Presentation – “Tango de Barrio” by Antón Gazenbeek
You will enjoy video clips from the Tango Preservation
Project about the most amazing exhibitions at milongas in Buenos Aires. You will discover that age, body type or size
are not a limit for speed, precision, creativity and elegance. This is the
style of our school.

7:10 – 7:40 pm
Tango class for Totally Beginners and Intermediate. By Anton, Sergio and
assistants
Beginners: you will have the chance to learn basic
fundamentals of tango, plus a simple figure to dance all night long!
Intermediate: You will learn a beautiful sequence and learn
how to incorporate it into your dancing.

7:50 – 8:20 pm
Milonga class for Totally Beginners and Intermediate. By Anton, Sergio and
assistants
Beginners: The basis of milonga. The connection, musicality
and navigation. This is a rhythm with a lot of fun!
Intermediate: You will learn a beautiful step from the
master.

8:30 – 9:00 pm
Vals for Totally Beginners and Intermediate. By Anton, Sergio and assistants
Beginners: The basis of Vals. The connection, musicality and
navigation. This is a rhythm for celebration and happines.
Intermediate: You will learn a beautiful step from the
master.

9:10 – 9:30 pm
Body conditioning – All levels. By Anton Gazenbeek
Get into great shape with this tango exercise class.
Emphasis is placed on balance, posture, foot and body placement and exercises for speed and precision.

9:40 – 10:10 pm
Stage Tango – All levels. By Anton Gazenbeek
and assistants
You will learn a simple chroeographic routine. You will learn about how to perform a group dance on stage
very synchronized.

10:20 – 10:50 pm Tango show by Strictly Tango dance company
We will be presenting an amazing tango show. The directors
Anton & Sergio will be performing, as well the bronze medal stage tango
winners  Mathew Grubler and Mandi Messina
and our stage tango team.

10:50 – 11pm pm Tango Line Dancing. All levels. By Anton Gazenbeek and assistants
Let’s finish our Taste of Tango with a fun Tango line dance.

All the sample classes start sharply on time.

To be able to take the class, you have to be 10 minutes
before the classes start for the registration.

No tango dance experience required.

No partner required.

Bring comfortable shoes.

Don’t miss this great opportunity to get to know tango and our
school.

About the school:

Our school is dedicated to preserving and spreading a style
of Argentine Tango that is not influenced by other dance techniques. We are
well known for teaching pure and authentic Argentine Tango at a high level and for the quality of our instruction. Here you will learn to dance in a fun and friendly environment. Emphasis will be placed on learning this beautiful and complex dance, as well as on having a good time and being part of a community where you will meet new friends.

All our teaching material comes from the “Tango Preservation
Project”, a branch of our school, dedicated to researching tango dance history. This project owns one of the largest tango dance video collections in the world (over 2,000 hours of film) with material from 1926 to 2010. Lectures are given periodically so that the public has an opportunity to see this rare documentation of the history of tango.

So we welcome you to our community and invite you to come and discover the beauty of Argentine Tango!

Directed by Anton Gazenbeek
& Sergio Segura

www.learnargentinetango.com