[Tango-A] NA-C: Chicago Mini Tango Festival starts Thursday, April 8th

chicagomilonguero chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 4 03:14:52 EDT 2010

Chicago Mini Tango Festival starts Thursday, April 8th

Buenos Aires in Chicago. Come join us starting next Thursday April 8th for the Chicago Mini Tango Festival.  Thursday evening we will start the Festival with two milonga classes (one by Oscar and Mary Ann Casas, and the other by Ricardo "El Pibe Sarandi" Maceiras and Elina Roldan).  We will also have our opening milonga. Thursday classes are open to non-Festival attendees.

The Festival which is from April 8-11th will provide you with the rare
opportunity to learn in one location in the United States from the following outstanding group of milonguero/as including: Ricardo "El Pibe Sarandi" Maceiras and Elina Roldan (Buenos Aires), Alberto Dassieu and Paulina Spinoso(Buenos Aires), Gustavo Benzecry and Maria Olivera (Buenos Aires), Oscar Casas and Mary Ann Casas (Buenos Aires), and guest instructor Maria Paola Palaia(Rome).

We also plan to have wonderful music over the weekend from our djs which include: Ramu Pyreddy (Washington, D.C.), Jorge Andres (Toronto), Oleh Kovalchuke (Kansas City), Maria Olivera (Buenos Aires), and Derrick Del Pilar(San Francisco and Tucson). There will also be guest performances from Elizabeth Olivera, Pampa Cortes, and Momo Smitt.

We have updated our schedule at: www.chicagotangofestival.com/Schedule.php. The schedule will now include over 20 workshops for all levels of dancers; two master workshops for advance dancers: one with Alberto Dassieu and Paulina Spinoso and one with El Pibe Sarandi and Elina Roldan. In addition, we will have eight milongas, including our wonderful Argentina Night grand milonga on Saturday evening, our all night milonga after the grand milonga and our "Eye Opener" milonga on Sunday morning. We have also added a special diagnostic session for individuals who are interested in working with instructors for a mini diagnostic session. Lastly there will be a special milonguero chat session with Alberto Dassieu, El Pibe Sarandi and the other instructors.

Private lessons are available with the instructors before, during and after the Festival. To schedule a lesson please send an email to
info at chicagotangofestival.com. Oscar and Mary Ann Casas, El Pibe Sarandi and Elina Roldan, and Maria Paola Palaia will all arrive on Wednesday; Gustavo Benzecry and Maria Olivera, Alberto Dassieu and Paulina Spinoso will all arrive on Thursday.

We will also have a number of returning vendors, including: Diva Boutique, Chicago Dance Supply, Ritz Tango Café, and Soft Chocolates. We also will feature an exhibition by artist Julian Althabe from Buenos Aires. Julian is also a great milonguero and looks forward to dancing at the Festival.

For information on pricing and registration information, please go to:
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Payment_Registration.php

For information on lodging options, please go to:
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Lodging.php.

If you need any further information please go to
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com or send an email to
info at chicagotangofestival.com. We look forward to seeing you next week at the Chicago Mini Tango Festival.  Buenos Aires in Chicago!!!

Abrazos,
Ray Barbosa

Organizers and contributors:
Chicago Milonguero, Ltd. and the Argentine Tango Club of the University of Chicago