[Tango-A] NA-E: ATL Tango Festival: 5 more reasons to be here

Angel Montero angel_montero01 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 00:57:05 EDT 2010

Dear Tango friends;

Still thinking whether to attend the 6th Atlanta Tango Festival (April 15-18) two weeks from now?
These are some reasons that will help you to get the final push you need:

1.- The best prices around, but they won't last until the end. Register now!!!
	* The prices range from $65 for just the milongas (as many as 7) to $175 for the whole event (20 classes and 7 milongas)
	* Pass prices at the door will be $10/$15 higher than the ones offered right now
	* Gender balance. No followers registration will be allowed without a leader
	* Paying for individual events will end up costing more than paying for a pass (attending 4 our of 7 milongas is more expensive than a Milonga Pass)
Registration details are available at http://atlantatangofestival.com/passes.html

2- Classes for everybody's taste.
The festival is planned to give you a lot of time in the dance floor (a minimum of 25 hours of milongas), but the workshops are also planned to attract the widest variety of dancers. The teachers are some of the best touring the US when it comes to social tango dancing (take a look to http://atlantatangofestival.com/teachers.html for the bios and approach to teaching).
Topics of the workshops include choreography, technique and lots of musicality. A detailed schedule can be seen at http://atlantatangofestival.com/schedule.html
There are as many as four classes scheduled at the same time. It could be difficult to choose which one you want to take, but that guarantees a manageable number of people in each class.

3.- The milonga experience.
The milongas are the heart of the festival. We take classes to be able to enjoy the milongas, so you do not want to miss milongas DJed by some of the best DJs in the country. These people are invited to DJ all over the US, Europe and even Buenos Aires.
We will have four evening milongas and three afternoon milongas. A weekend full of dancing.
In addition, all the DJs working in the Festival will hold a round table/forum about tango music. Details at: http://www.atlantatangofestival.com/privates.html
A special thank you note should go to local organizers that have either moved or cancelled their regularly scheduled milongas. Thanks for your cooperation.

4.- Enjoy Downtown Atlanta and the weather.
80 degrees in Atlanta for the rest of the week. Imagine in three weeks.
The Hyatt Regency hotel is a state of art building, with great ballroom and smaller rooms set for the workshops. We will take over the International Tower. Look for the signs in the main lobby.
The hotel is located walking distance from such Atlanta attractions as the Aquarium, CNN center or the Fox theater. The hotel is also surrounded by attractive bars and restaurants. New places open everyday!
Make the festival a whole experience, enjoy the city!

5.- Vendors and services
We will have as many are three shoe vendors (two of them locals), two clothes vendors and a regional artist selling their products in the festival. They will set their own schedule, mainly during workshops time.
For a list and links to their webpages, visit: http://www.atlantatangofestival.com/extras.html
Also, Lisa Jacobs will be taking care of your muscles and getting them ready for the dancing. Treat yourself to a Thai leg and foot massage. You deserve it!

Finally, we are willing to answer any questions either in person or by e-mail. We want to make this the best Atlanta Tango Festival ever. We know that everybody is as excited as we are. Let's enjoy it together.

angel montero
www.atlantatangofestival.com