[Tango-A] NA:C- Chicago: Nina Tatarowicz + Damian Thompson: 3 FUN Workshops Mon + Wed

Nina Tatarowicz ninatanguera at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 12:00:59 EDT 2009

Nina Tatarowicz + Damian Thompson:  Tango Workshops Monday 9/28 +
Wednesday 9/30 at ATI

Tangueros + Tangueras of Chicago!

If you've been out dancing tango this week, then you've probably seen
Damian Thompson, a fun-loving Aussie on his first trip tango-ing in
the US.  An instructor based in Sydney, Australia, Damian has come to
Chicago to share his enthusiasm and expertise in tango, especially in
how to make "Nuevo" Tango feel like an integral part of your dance --
not just for special occasions, or a distinct dance form!
Ladies, we will be working on technique for creating exquisite lines
in exciting "free-leg" moves like boleos and ganchos.  Guys, Damian
will give you the secrets to a precise lead, and linking moves with
your walk to travel down line of dance.  Together, we'll demonstrate
the ease with which you can incorporate these concepts into your
dance.

We know that this is late notice for the workshops.  But rest assured,
those of you who can make it are gonna have a BLAST with us!  One more
note:  we don't focus on having you memorize specific sequences;
rather, we will give you the tools to be your own creative tango
engineers.  And isn't that what it's all about?  Improv baby -- let's
get in the moment!

Details below.    Payment by cash or check in person, or be credit
card available on the Tango Elixir website www.tangoelixir.com.

More info / questions, contact Nina:  ninatanguera at gmail.com / 312.730.8873

See u soon!!!

Workshops Taught by Nina Tatarowicz & Damian Thompson

Monday Sept 28th & Wednesday Sept 30th

Visiting instructor, Damian Thompson, "The Aussie Tiger" from
Australia, will partner with Nina to teach 3 workshops next Mon & Wed
at ATI.

Monday 9/28:  2 Workshops

7:00 - 8:15 #1 -Beginner / Intermediate - Turns for a Busy Dance Floor

8:30 - 9:45 #2 -Intermediate / Advanced - Boleo Madness: How & Why to
do in Parallel & Contra

Wednesday 9/30:  1 Workshop

7:30 - 9:00 1 class -Advanced - Nuevo combinations that are
floor-craft safe & navigation-handy

Cost:

$25 for one; $20 each for 2 or 3

Location: