[Tango-A] NA-C: Opposites Attract practica returns to Ritz Tango Cafe on Sept. 13 with Raul Cabral; join Tango Guerrillas of Chicago on Sat., Sept. 5

PJ Grant windycitytango at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 3 13:27:55 EDT 2009

Opposites Attract practica will return to Ritz Tango Cafe (933 N. Ashland Ave, Chicago -Café tel. 773-235-CAFE (2233)) from 4:30-6:30 p on Sunday, Sept. 13 after taking an unusual 2 weeks off.  On Sept. 13 we will have a special guest- visiting Argentine tango instructor Raul Cabral- as 'task master' to solve our dancing problems. For this OA practica only, package cards and discount pricing will NOT apply - the practica will be $15 per person, but FREE to anyone taking at least one of the Saturday or Sunday workshops, at least 1 hour of private lessons or at least two of the pre-milonga classes with Raul Cabral Sept. 9 through Sept. 16. A complete schedule of his teaching tour in Chicago is available at http://tangonoticias.com/tn/ads/07161709-Raul-Cabral-Sept-2009.pdf. Please note, there are some recent changes to this schedule, so for more information, locations or individual pricing, please contact Phoebe (contact info is below).

On Sunday, Sept. 13, Raul will teach two workshops ($30-22 each, depending on number taken and when paid) at the Ritz Tango Cafe prior to the practica:
W4: (1:00-2:30 p) “Dancing while rotating within your axis and within the line of dance”
W5: (2:45-4:15 p) “Dancing with pauses – different interpretations of the rhythm"

This Saturday, Sept. 5, several of us will join Tango Guerrillas of Chicago beginning at 2:00 p until about 5:00 p as we dance along the river downtown. We will start dancing at the NW corner of IBM Plaza (331 N State at Kinzie) and tango our way toward Lake Shore Drive, going progressively eastward along the northside of the riverfront.

On Sept. 20, Opposites Attract practica will resume our regular schedule (4:00 - 7:00 p) and pricing: $10 walk-in, $8 with prior reservation to either Phoebe or Jacqui prior to noon on Sunday; packages available for multiple sessions (e.g., $35 for 5 practicas; $55 for 8).

And, if you want to stay and dance more, you can enjoy TANGO MATINEE at the Ritz Café every Sunday with alesson with Jorge Niedas at 7:00 p prior to milonga which goes until midnight; $10 (includes milonga); BYOB (liquor license pending).

Enjoy!! Call / text with any questions, directions or reservations:
Phoebe (312-608-2646) or Jacqui (773-865-9523) .

Phoebe J. (PJ) Grant of WindyCityTango, Unlimited
312-60TANGO (312-608-2646) cell - text msgs welcome
WindyCityTango@ yahoo.com (for tango business messages)
TangoLadyChicago@ yahoo.com (for immediate communication)
Promoter, Teacher, Performer, Sponsor of Argentine Tango