[Tango-A] Announcing Tango de los Muertos 2009...el único...el último...

Tova Moreno tovamoreno at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 18:17:01 EDT 2009

Dear Dancers,

We are thrilled to announce the fifth year of Tango de los Muertos. This will be the final year of a festival we cherish, and you can be sure that we are doing our very best to make TdlM 2009 as innovative, attentive, artistic, and imaginative as ever.  So please, make your plans to come celebrate with us this Halloween, October 29-November 1st!

We are delighted to welcome a group of internationally-accomplished instructors who exhibit a wide range of tango expression; musicians whose yearning to create a new Golden Age of tango can be felt in their music; and a collection of amazing DJs who care deeply about the classics, including a couple who promise to spice up your nights with a more alternative experience-- should you choose to go there...

*Instructors*
Carolina del Rivero & Donato Juarez (Buenos Aires)
Melina Sedo & Detlef Engel (Germany)
Veronica Toumanova & Fausto Carpino (Paris & Sicily)
Korey Ireland (Kansas City)

*Musicians and DJs*
Ben Bogart y los Gatos Azules (Buenos Aires)
Korey Ireland (Kansas City)
The Monster Orchestra (Everywhere)
Robin Thomas (New York)
Shorey Myers (San Francisco)
Avik Basu (Ann Arbor)
Homer Ladas (San Francisco)
Adam Hoopengardner (New York)
Sean Dockery (San Francisco)
Mitra Martin (Los Angeles)
Jake Spatz (Washington DC)
Jacob Eggers (Los Angeles)

The festival returns to the world-class arts center, Springstep, which is just outside downtown Boston in Medford, MA. Springstep is a modern
building made expressly for dancing: a premier sound system, beautiful sprung-wood floors, high ceilings, free parking, and situated right next to a newly-remodeled Hyatt Place Hotel with a great rate just for festival attendees. So save the dates and get ready to spend an exciting, soul-filling weekend with us!

We are pleased to offer a special early-bird price for the Full Festival Pass, available only until September 15th.  To take advantage of this, just visit our website at www.TangoDeLosMuertos.com, register early, and join the fun!  In addition to a larger number of milongas, we're also looking forward to a couple of new attractions this year: lectures by Shorey Myers and Tomas Howlin that are open (and free) to all Full Festival Pass holders, and a "Mixer" milonga for everyone to come and meet new friends on the dance floor.

We would like everyone to hear about Tango de los Muertos and to be able to take advantage of early registration options, hotel discounts,
and everything the festival has to offer, so please tell your friends about TdlM!

And of course, we await live music sets from Ben Bogart y los Gatos Azules, and the return of our very own Monster Orchestra, led by Korey Ireland.

On behalf of the Tango de los Muertos festival team, thank you, and we hope to see you for Halloween!

Abrazos,
Tova & Carlos
MorenoTango
www.TangoDeLosMuertos.com