[Tango-A] NA-E: Maximiliano Gluzman and Heather Whitehead in New York City - Nov. 1st - 8th

Francesca francescabl at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 13:18:13 EDT 2009

Maximiliano Gluzman in New York
November 1st - 8th

I am very pleased to announce that Maximiliano Gluzman  will be in New York for a week on his way back from
Tango Sutra in DC. This will be Maximiliano's first visit to New York: we will finally have a chance to learn from one of the most prominent Maxi is one of the top milongueros of the new generation in Argentina. The tango that Maxi transmits is based upon
communication between dancers in a continuously close respectful navigation on the dance floor. Consequently, his
based on posture, leading & following, & musicality as a  creativity. He focuses on improvisation as key to develop a
fun & enjoyable for the couple, while still comfortably limited space. Maxi studied with the most renowned Argentine
this style: Susana Miller, Ana Maria Schapira, Pedro 'Tete' Neli, Ricardo Vidort & Jorge Kero. He travels regularly to
to teach & perform.

 During his visit to New York he will teach and perform with his partner Heather Whitehead.

   Workshops at Practilonga 939  with Heather Whitehead
     939 8th Avenue, room/buzzer 200

Saturday November 7th
3:00 - 4:30
INTERMEDIATE-ADVANCED. IMPROVISATION:
For the social tango dancer,
improvisation is both a need to navigate
as well an element of creativity. In
this lesson we will practice
several ideas that will act as
improvisation boosters, consequently
making us find new and personal
steps.

4:30 - 6:00
MUSICALITY: RHYTHM, PAUSE, AND
PHRASE.
This lesson is an introduction to
advanced musicality in the language
of the Buenos Aires milonga. We will
base our work in rhythm and the
way it lives in the dancer's body,
pause as a necessary, but not
necessarily explicit, element of the
musical representation, and
phrase, as a vehicle of connection
with the melody.

Sunday November 8th
3:00 - 4:30
INTERMEDIATE – ADVANCED. UNUSUAL
OCHOS. We have been struggling
with/enjoying ochos since our first
days of tango! Now did we exhaust the
possibilities of this trademark
of tango? In this lesson we will take
ochos a step ahead by
combining, twisting, repeating or
isolating them.

4:30 - 6:00
MILONGA DANCE AND ITS RHYTHMIC
PATTERNS. In this lesson we will
learn about the different approaches
to milonga through some of the most
dance floor-effective rhythmic
patterns. The concepts of traspie,
lisa and combinada will be put
into the context of the search of the
social dancer.

One workshop $35. Two workshops in the same day/couples $60

 Maximiliano will be available to teach private classes. Please contact Francesca at 917-815-5807 or francescabl25 at gmail.com to inquire and book.

More information on Maximiliano
Gluzman at: Maxi Gluzman

Videos: You Tube Maxi

Performances and Pre-milonga classes

Maximiliano will be performing with
Heather Whitehead

Tuesday November 4th at Triangulo
- 135 West 20th St, 3rd Fl (btwn
6th & 7th Aves)

Pre-milonga intermediate level class
at 8:30
EMBRACE AND COMMUNICATION: This
lesson is about improving our embraces and postures, allowing as a consequence
more communication between the partners. We will illustrate these concepts with
specific patterns.

Performance at 10:30

Friday November 6th at Tango Lounge -
Dancesport - 22 W 34th St, 4th floor -
next to the Empire State Building

Intermediate class at 8:30
SACADAS TECHNIQUE. The sacadas are
among the most coveted tango movements, but unfortunately can be very uncomfortable
for the follower if their technique is not perfect. In this lesson we will see
the technical basis that lay behind every sacada.

Performance at 11:30

Saturday November 7th at Practilonga
939 - room 4A
Performance at 7:30

Saturday November 7th at Amarras -
Dance Studio 101 -101 Lafayette Street, 2nd
floor
Intermediate class at 8:30
Vals y Giros. Waltz is extremely fun and romantic, but its
interpretation can be elusive. In this lesson we will work on achieving the
continuity and fluidity that the waltz rhythm calls for.

Performance at 11:30

Francesca Tango Promotions
www.tangotuscany.com