[Tango-A] NA-C: Chicago Tango Week

Shafqat Manzur shafqatmanzur at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 13:12:53 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

We are excited to provide more details about Chicago Tango Week 2010.
About 500 dancers participated in the 2009 edition and we want to
thank all of you for the enormous success. A warm greeting is also in
store for those of you who plan on joining us for the first time.
Chicago Tango Week is envisioned as an event that is energetic,
exciting, fun-filled and packed with invaluable workshops. It is an
also an international event with participants from North America and
Europe. Our goal is for you to make new friends and have the best time
of your life.

Here is our festival site: http://www.ChicagoTangoWeek.org (CTW 2010
website will be updated in mid-October, the registration will open in
November)

Please visit our Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21188481464

You can email us at info @ ChicagoTangoWeek.org

The 2010 event will be held at the Westin O’Hare. It is located next
to Chicago’s O’Hare airport and has the following advantages:

-       Free 5-minute all day shuttle service to and from the airport
-       A large hotel with 525 guestrooms and large ballrooms
-       A five minute walk to the CTA Blue-line train station that goes
directly to downtown Chicago

Here are the highlights:

-       We have invited five pairs of Argentine instructors who are both
world class performers and outstanding teachers

Pablo Villarraza and Dana Frigoli (Their only event outside Argentina
for all of 2010)
Pablo Inza and his partner TBA
Horacio Godoy and Cecilia Berra
Claudio Gonzalez and Melina Brufman
Oliver Kolker and Silvina Valz
Esteban Moreno and Claudia Codega

DJ:
Horacio Godoy
Pablo Inza
Pablo & Dana
Masik

-       You will be treated to the unique fusion of electronic music by
Carlos Libedinsky and his award winning tango band Narcotango from
Buenos Aires.
-       Here is their website for you to take a peek: http://www.CarlosLibedinsky.com
-       There will be five late-night and all-night milongas
-       We are honored to have our instructors Pablo Inza of Practica X and
Horacio Godoy of La Viruta as DJs. For many experienced and
professional tango dancers, these two venues are extremely popular in
Buenos Aires.

Check our Facebook group page for updates and registration will open
in late November. We hope to see you in 2010.

Cheers,
Shafqat Manzur and Maria Alferov

Copyright © 2009-2010 Chicago Tango Week. All rights reserved. Chicago
Tango Week is a trademark of Chicago Tango Week Inc.