[Tango-A] NA-C: MAXI GLUZMAN WORKSHOP SCHEDULE IOWA CITY-Oct.9-10-11, 2009

Greg Kovaciny tangoic at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 00:05:14 EDT 2009

Only One Week until Maxi Returns to Iowa City!

MAXIMILIANO GLUZMAN WORKSHOP SCHEDULE IOWA CITY
OCTOBER 9-10-11, 2009

Iowa City Tango Club* Presents
Maximiliano Gluzman
Tango Workshop Schedule
October 9-10-11, 2009
I.C. Senior Center Assembly Room & Room G13
28 S. Linn Street - (Old Post Office)
Iowa City, Iowa

¡¡ MAXI'S SIXTH VISIT TO IOWA CITY !!

¡¡ October is Great in Iowa -- And with Maxi here it will be even better !!

NOTE--TOPICS ARE FIRM--ORDER OF CLASSES SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THIS POINT - (Aug.13, 2009)

Iowa City Tango Club* Presents
 Maximiliano Gluzman
Tango Workshop Schedule
October 9-10-11, 2009
I.C. Senior Center Assembly Room
28 S. Linn Street (Old Post Office) - Iowa City, Iowa

      ¡¡ 6th RETURN VISIT TO IOWA CITY FOR MAXI !!

FRIDAY EVENING (VIERNES) -October 9, 2009
7:00-8:30PM		GIROS: New combinations of molinete & changes of direction to enhance our repertoire AND to improve our basic communication techniques.
CROSSES: We will see several usual and unusual crosses both for the leader and the follower.
8:30-9:00PM	--  Open Practica
8:45-9:45PM	--  Private Lesson

SATURDAY MORNING (SABADO)- October 10, 2009
10:00AM-1:00PM	Private Lessons will be available

SATURDAY AFTERNOON & EVENING (SABADO) - Oct.10, 2009
2:30-3:45PM	- MUST HAVE RHYTHMIC PATTERNS: This lesson is about the
elements upon which we build our musicality: we will see different musical patterns and the different steps in which they can be applied.
4:00-5:15PM	- MUSICALITY WITH THE SLOW ORQUESTAS: We will study the musicality of the slow orchestras such as Di Sarli, Pugliese, slow Troilo, Demare, etc. in order to connect our dance with the atmosphere they create.

7:30PM-11:00PM	MILONGA (Argentine Tango Social Dance Party!)**  -
General Public Welcome** Cost for everyone is $5.00 per person

SUNDAY MORNING (DOMINGO) - October 11, 2009
10:00AM-1:00PM	Private Lessons will be available

SUNDAY AFTERNOON (DOMINGO) - October 11, 2009
2:30-3:45PM		WALKING and CHANGING DIRECTION IN VALS.
In this lesson we will learn how to combine movements that produce displacement with movements that produce rotation as another way to achieve a "waltzy" feeling.
4:00-5:15PM		MILONGA WITH TRASPIE: Crossed system. In this lesson we will see several techniques in order to sucessfully use the crossed system in milonga with traspie.
5:15-5:45 PM		Open Practica

GROUP CLASSES COST
1 Class  - $25.00
2 or more classes - $20/each
Student Discount - $50.00 full weekend

MILONGA (Dance Party) COST
Cost $5.00 Per Person
Open to the General Public
The best in Authentic Tango, Vals, Milonga Music
In Traditional "Tanda" Format With "djgregk"

ONE-HOUR PRIVATE LESSON COST
- Individual or One Couple

Please CONTACT Juan Marcos to register for group classes or to schedule private lessons with Maxi or other workshop details
EMAIL Juan at juan at juanmarcos.com - he will confirm classes and class times.

(Schedule Subject To Change - check webpage regularly)

http://soli.inav.net/~dance/Maxi2009oct.html    v.1--08-13-09

*Be part of an Exciting Weekend of Tango Passion! See you there!
Iowa City Tango Club is partnered with the IC Senior Center to present this special event*