[Tango-A] NA-E: New York: Pre-registration is open for Maximiliano and Heather's workshops this weekend

Francesca francescabl at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 5 18:22:43 EST 2009

Pre-registration is open for
Maxi and Heather workshops this weekend.

 Maximiliano
Gluzman and Heather Whitehead will teach a series of interesting workshops this
Saturday November 7th and Sunday November 8th. Space is
limited and I have already received a few registrations so I encourage you to pre-register
now if you wish to attend. This will also help ensure proper gender balance. Please
email me at francescabl25 at gmail.com to register or if you have any questions.

This
is the schedule and location of the workshops:

939 8th Avenue, 2nd floor (buzzer 200)

Saturday
November 7th
3:00
- 4:30
INTERMEDIATE-ADVANCED.
WALTZS & IMPROVISATION:
 For the social tango dancer, improvisation is both
a need to navigate
as well an element of creativity. In this lesson we will
practice
 several ideas that will act as improvisation boosters, consequently
making
us find new and personal steps.

4:30 - 6:00

MUSICALITY: RHYTHM,
PAUSE, AND PHRASE.

This lesson is an
introduction to advanced musicality in the language
of the Buenos Aires
milonga. We will base our work in rhythm and the
 way it lives in the dancer's
body, pause as a necessary, but not
 necessarily explicit, element of the
musical representation, and
phrase, as a vehicle of connection with the
melody.

Sunday November 8th
3:00
- 4:30
INTERMEDIATE –
ADVANCED. UNUSUAL
OCHOS. We have been struggling with/enjoying ochos since our
first
 days of tango! Now did we exhaust the possibilities of this trademark
of
tango? In this lesson we will take ochos a step ahead by
 combining, twisting,
repeating or isolating them.

4:30 - 6:00

MILONGA DANCE AND
ITS RHYTHMIC PATTERNS. In this lesson we will learn about the different
approaches
to milonga through some of the most dance floor-effective rhythmic
patterns.
The concepts of traspie, lisa and combinada will be put into the context of the
search of the social dancer.

One
workshop $35. Two workshops in the same day/couples $60

Maximiliano
will be available to teach private classes. Please contact Francesca at
917-815-5807 or francescabl25 at gmail.com to inquire and book. For the complete schedule please go to www.tangotuscany.com.

Francesca Tango Promotions
http://francescatango.blogspot.com/