[Tango-A] NA-C:Meet in the Middle Sept 17-21

Karen Whitesell kglass02 at centurytel.net
Wed May 27 19:39:46 EDT 2009

Meet in the Middle International Tango Festival, Sept 17-21, Mt Vernon
Missouri. Mark you calendars,
register today.

Hi Friends, This is my 6th year and want to welcome you back and invite new
friends.  This year promises to be even better than ever.  Starts Thurs
night through the wee hours Monday morning, so plan to come early, stay
late, and don't miss a thing.

Announcing Gustavo Benzecry Saba and Maria Olivara from Buenos Aires.
They are the hottest thing going now, getting great reviews everywhere they
go.  See a clip from the Chicago Mini Festival.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ9Y7-eoEpc&feature=channel_page

Charles Roques has moved to Mt Vernon from New York City and is a great
asset to our teaching staff and our local tango community.

Also this year I have invited James Smith and Mariallan Shadle from Memphis
to teach a beginner track.  I have known them for many years and they are
very good social dancers.

The price is good:  $150 all inclusive, classes, milongas, practicas, 5
meals, snacks, and yes, the Ice Cream truck.

Located on the historical Courthouse Square, our venue is steps away from
the "Not So Square Art Festival" going on Saturday. We have scheduled times
to perform in the park for the art festival crowd.

Fly into Springfield MO, SGF, and we'll pick you up.  Save a lot and fly
into a neighboring hub and catch a ride with people coming from Tulsa,
Kansas City, Fayetteville or St Louis.

Motels are inexpensive.  Super 8 has a tango festival price of $55.00 for up
to 4 people per room. Call 417.461.0230

Gender balance is goal.  Ladies, please bring a partner.  Men, we need you.
Space is limited to 120 very close dancers, another 20 on the outdoor
balcony, and another 20 downstairs eating chocolate cake.

Gaia Banovich will be here with tango shoes galore.  So bring shoe money and
art money.  She and Chas Gale will be performing in the park for the art
festival, along with the teaching staff, and all of you!

Mt Vernon is a sleepy little town where the Ozark Mountains meet the Western
Prairie.  Drive on to Branson, l hr and 15 minutes away.  Natural scenery at
its
best.

Send $150 by check, call for credit card, or pay by PayPal to
kglass02 at centurytel.net
Partial package is $100 per day.  No meals provided for last minute
registrations.

Karen Whitesell
202 S Hickory St
Mt Vernon MO 65712