[Tango-A] NA-C: Glamour Tango in Chicago, May 28 & 29, 2009 - A special presentation dedicated to women in this genre

PJ Grant windycitytango at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 01:13:34 EDT 2009

On Thursday and Friday, May 28 & 29, 2009, Chicago will have the opportunity to enjoy a very special presentation of "Glamour Tango" - a show conceived and performed by women, "dedicated to other women who participated silently in the key pages of the genre's history." Some of us know and treasure "Glamour Tango's" creator and musical director, Polly Ferman. The show - as you can see from the attached material - features beautiful tangos with performances not only by Chicago's own Julie Koiden (flute) but also Tango Con*Fusion of San Francisco featuring Leroy & my dear friends Christy Cote and Chelsea Eng.

The performances, sponsored by the Latino Cultural Center of Chicago, will be at the Logan Square Auditorium (2539 N Kedzie Ave, directly across Logan 'Square' from the Blue Line stop) at 7:30 p on Thursday, May 28 and Friday, May 29. Tickets are $25. More information is available at www.GlamourTango.com and view demos on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHvCCMEnkM8    2009 Demo from the Solis Theatre
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwayDsJzgsw  Tango Con*Fusion ( dancers) demo

Also, I'm going to do my best to enable the dancers and musicians to experience Chicago's milongas while they are here - help me welcome them!

Phoebe J. (PJ) Grant of WindyCityTango, Unlimited
312-60TANGO (312-608-2646) cell - text msgs welcome
WindyCityTango at yahoo.com (for tango business messages)
TangoLadyChicago at yahoo.com (for immediate communication)
Promoter, Teacher, Performer, Sponsor of Argentine Tango