[Tango-A] NA-C: New Orleans Tango Festival‏--Lodging Find

Bob Howard robert_howard at mac.com
Mon May 4 18:52:22 EDT 2009

I have never been to New Orleans and was searching for a hotel for the
New Orleans Festival. I came across the Avenue Inn B&B--http://www.avenueinnbb.com
. It is situated on St. Charles (about three blocks from Napoleon).
Tulane is about a mile away, and the milonga venue on Magazine Street
is about 10 blocks away. From what I can tell, this is the most
conveniently located hotel for the festival. It's website (plus
reviews on TripAdvisor) showed it be quite upscale and one of the best
and most highly lodgings in New Orleans. Late last night I sent an
email to the owner and explained that I would be visiting for the
festival and were there any good discounted rates available. He
responded almost immediately and we negotiated a four night deal that,
based on the hours I spent on TripAdvisor, Expedia, Orbitz and
Hotel.com, is quite favorable. There are still rooms available for the
weekend and he seems inclined to negotiate. His name is Joe and the
telephone number is at the bottom of the avenueinnbb.com website.