[Tango-A] NA-W: April 1-6 - Federico NAVEIRA and Inés Muzzopappa - Colorado Tango Workshops & Performances (with DJ GUSTAVO Naveira!)

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Sun Mar 15 18:50:20 EDT 2009

Dear Tango Aficionados,

Next month, Dance of the Heart is thrilled to offer to Colorado an Integral
Tango Encounter with Federico NAVEIRA and Inés MUZZOPAPPA, two of the finest
young dancers and teachers in the world of Argentine Tango, currently on a
world tour.  We are excited and honored to welcome them to the
Denver/Boulder area in their first Colorado appearance!

Save the dates of April 1st through 6th on your tango calendar for a truly
exciting opportunity to delve into the mysteries of Argentine Tango with
those who have lived it all their young lives!  You can check our website at
www.danceoftheheart.com for full information and all updates to the schedule
below - and we should mention right now that the April 5th SUNDAY AVALON
MILONGA will be extra special - because for the first time ANYWHERE, we will
have both Federico and Inés performing, AND Federico's father GUSTAVO will
be our DJ!!

Federico Naveira
================
Raised by some of Argentina’s best dancers and teachers, with the Buenos
Aires tango resurgence swirling around him every day almost from the time he
could walk, Federico Naveira is today one of the leading lights among the
new generation of Tango dancers.
He began dancing tango when he was only 4 years and studied multiple
artistic forms such as classical and contemporary dance, theater, and
music.  This training gave him a deep understanding and a thorough mastery
of dance.
At the age of ten, he and his sister began assisting his mother, Olga Besio,
with her “Tango con Ninos” (Tango for Children) classes. When he was 13 he
became part of a group of teachers and, since then, has not stopped working
professionally as an instructor of dance and Argentine Tango.
He has taught with his sister Ariadne Naveira at the Amsterdam Tangomagia
festival, the International Congress of Argentine Tango (CITA), Pulpo’s
Tango Week, and at the Festival International de Tango Ciudad de La Plata.
He has participated in several festivals organized by the City of Buenos
Aires.  In addition he has worked in the school "Tango Brujo", and has
joined a host of exhibitions in several theaters and almost all the major
milongas in Buenos Aires.
In 2007, Federico worked with Carolina Del Rivero, Mariela Sametband, and
Milena Plebs.  In 2008, he co-founded and directed Estudio Postango, a group
of young tango dancers.

Inés Muzzopappa
===============
Inés began dancing tango at age of fourteen at the legendary Club Sunderland
in Villa Urquiza, home of some of the finest Golden Age tango dancers. In
addition to tango, Inés has studied classical dance, song and music,
elements that have given her a thorough artistic grounding and allowed her
to develop a deep understanding of tango.
In 2007 she won the Fifth World Championship of Argentine Tango in the
category of Salon Tango, dancing with Dante Sanchez.  This allowed her to
begin teaching and performing in different national and international
festivals such as Comodoro Rivadavia Tango Festival, Pulpo’s Tango Week and
several festivals organized by the City of Buenes Aires. She has taught in
some of the most recognized Tango schools in Argentina (Studio La Esquina,
Esquela Carlos Copello, Escuela Argentina de Tango).
>From the beginning, Inés has performed in almost all the milongas in Buenos
Aires; dancing with Alejandro Hermida, Bruno, Tombari, and Flaco Danny. In
2008, she became part of a group of young tango dancers, Estudio Postango,
which she co-founded and directed.  These experiences helped distinguish her
as a teacher of tango and were important to the development of her dancing
and her professional growth.

Currently, Inés and Federico are touring the world, performing shows and
teaching at festivals and seminars in Argentina, South America, Europe,
Asia, and the United States, where they are recognized as future leaders of
the worldwide Tango renaissance.

Classes - Performances - Private lessons
(NOTE: Schedule may continue to change: stay tuned!)
Thursday, April 2nd
Location: Tony's Tango Tower, 1836 Blake Street, Denver
7:00 - 8:15pm: "The Very Model of the Modern Milonguero!" - Old-Fashioned
but COOL moves for modern milongueros         8:30 - 9:45pm: Sacada and
Boleo combinations (Intermediate)
9:45 - ??:     Practica (free for workshop participants)
Cost:  $25 per class (watch for package deals!)

Friday, April 3rd
Location: Mercury Cafe, 22nd & California, Denver
SPECIAL BARGAIN CLASSES AND PERFORMANCE!
6:30-7:45pm Tango Mechanics 1  $5.00
7:45pm - 9pm Tango Mechanics 2  $5.00
PERFORMANCE during MILONGA MERCURIO! Price TBA
ONLY $5 per class!!!  (Another Bargain from the Mercury Cafe!)
Location: Mercury Cafe, 22nd & California, Denver

Saturday, April 4th
Location: Mercury Cafe, 22nd & California, Denver
1pm - Register & warm up
1:15pm-2:45pm Musicality and Phrasing (Int)
2:45pm-3:15pm Practica
3:15pm-4:45pm Enrosques for Men and Women (Int/Adv)
Cost:  $25 per class (watch for package deals!)

Sunday, April 5th
Location: PreEminence Hall, 3213 Walnut, Boulder
2:45pm: Register & warm up
3:00pm-4:15pm The Tango of Rebounding, Part 1
4:15pm-4:45pm Practica for workshop participants
4:45pm-6:00pm The Tango of Rebounding, Part 2
Cost:  $25 per class (watch for package deals!)
IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWED BY:
Dance of the Heart MILONGA!! Colorado Premiere PERFORMANCE By Fede & Inés!!
Location: Avalon Ballroom, 6185 Arapahoe, Boulder
6:30pm-10:30pm with DJ GUSTAVO NAVEIRA!!
(Yes, two generations of Naveiras dancing at the same milonga!!)

Monday, April 6th
SPECIAL Advanced Classes and Practica!
Topic: "Teacher's Choice": details to be announced!!

PAYMENT
=======
We will have PayPal buttons set up on our website for payment by credit card
within the next day or two - our website is in hosting transition, and will
stabilize within the next several days.  We'll send out an update message
with the final payment information as soon as possible.  Please feel free to
contact us with any questions you may have.

We look forward to sharing this very special weekend of tango magic with
you!

Abrazos,
Brian Dunn & Deb Sclar and the Dance of the Heart team
www.danceoftheheart.com
Boulder, Colorado USA
303-938-0716
"Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time"