[Tango-A] NA-E: Chicago Tango Week

Shafqat Manzur shafqatmanzur at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 1 12:42:09 EST 2009

Join us for a spectacular week of tango in Chicago

Registration is open for the 2nd edition of Chicago Tango Week. Check out the festival site at http://www.ChicagoTangoWeek.com

The Early Bird Gold Package price is $300 and $170 for students till 15 April.These are unbeatable prices for the quality of instruction and the all-night milongas.

Hurry and register at www.regonline.com/ctw2009

Here are the highlights of the week:

-         Argentine Masters who are both world class performers and outstanding teachers (some of these appearances are exclusive USvisits to this event)

Julio Balmaceda and Corina De La Rosa
Pablo Inza and Eugenia Parilla
Pablo Villarraza and Dana Frigoli
Horacio Godoy and Cecilia Garcia
Oliver Kolker and Silvina Valz
Claudio Gonzalez and Melina Brufman

- DJs:
"El P.B.T." Horacio Godoy of La Viruta
Pablo Inza of PRACTICA X
Adam Hoopengardner
"El Turco" Burak Ozkosem

-         You will be treated to the unique fusion of acoustic and electronic music of the award winning tango band Otros Aires from Buenos Aires. This is the only tango festival in North America that will bring you this energetic band.
-         You will be offered 42 workshops to choose from that range from intermediate to the masters level
The workshop topics will emphasize a broad spectrum of:
Leaders and followers techniques
Tango, vals and milonga musicality
Foundation classes for all levels
Biomechanics and dynamics of tango for all levels
Multiple styles: Salon, Milonguero, Villa Urquiza and of course Nuevo
Masters level special topics

-         There will be five late-night and all-night milongas, two afternoon and an outdoor milonga
-         Pablo Inza of Practica X and Horacio Godoy of La Viruta will also DJ.
-         The instructors will perform in a spectacular tango show on Sunday evening at the North Shore Center for the Performing Arts next door to the hotel (tickets sold separately)

Join our Facebook group page and view the photos and you will see that we had a great time last year. It is best to stay at the Doubletree hotel where the entire event will take place. The group code for the special rate is ‘CTA’ and our group name is ‘Chicago Tango’. Click there to make your reservation or call 847-329-4354:

http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/CHICCDT-CTA-20090701/index.jhtml

Chicago Tango Week is energetic, exciting, fun-filled and packed with valuable workshops. It is an also an international event with participants from all over North America and Europe. You will make new friends and have the best time of your life.

Note:
- The student discount applies to full- time students, medical residents and post-docs and you must bring a valid ID when picking up your registration package.
-Our special price is $90 per night for double occupancy and this price includes continental breakfast.

We look forward to dancing with you soon.

Cheers,

Maria, Burak and Shafqat
TangoEclectique at gmail dot com
http://www.ChicagoTangoWeek.comhttp://www.TangoShusheta.com/newsletter