[Tango-A] MISC: 3rd USA Tango Championship Salon Finalists- July 24th, 2009

events events at celebratetango.com
Fri Jul 24 11:16:41 EDT 2009

Last Night at the 3rd USA Tango Championship
³The fun competition for serious dancers²
Sponsored by and held at Stepping Out Studios
 37 W 26 St (6th & Bway) (646) 742 9400

Thursday July 23rd
At the Salon Qualifications
MC  Sid Grant announced Our Official Judges..
JORGE TORRES, GUILLERMINA QUIROGA, JUNIOR CERVILA
...selection from the following contestants as
3rd USA Tango SALON FINALISTS
(in numerical order)
120 Valorie Hart & Alberto Paz
123 Emily Vartanian & Pawel Cheda
124 Antoinette Tomai & Johnny Tablada
125 Catherine Nicodemo & Edmund Fu
128 Amy Zhang & Barry Black
129 Selena & Alberto Hoyos
130 Sarah La Rocca & Lexa Rosean
131 Ninah Beliavsky & Joseph Samaha

And after Alfredo Melendez & Susan Robinson performed their dynamic Milonga
Exhibition
the contestants and audience spent the rest of the night dancing to the
music of
DJ: Carlos Quiroga

Friday July 24th
    We will see tonight who will be the
3rd USA Tango CHAMPIONS of
Salon & Stage
The above SALON FINALISTS will return and we will see for the first time our
STAGE CONTESTANTS
123 Emily Vartanian & Pawel Cheda  USA/Poland
135 Stine Moen & Ramzi Edlibi Norway/USA
129 Selena & Alberto Hoyos USA/USA
136 Erin Fennell & Ricardo Read USA/Argentina
And while the Official Judges decide the Salon & Stage Champions
we enjoy an Exhibition by:
Gayle Madeira & Lexa Rosean 2nd USA Stage Champions
Mariana Parma & Omar Lagos 2nd USA Salon Champions
At door $20

10:30-2:00am post Championship Celebration Milonga where contestants and
audience dance together
to the tunes of DJ: Yesim ŒLa Turca¹
Championship Coordinator: Evelyn Meier

And when you need to refresh your body and rest your weary fee...check out
the...
Tango Fashion by: BettinaMaria & Martha Castano
Mens shoes by ŒJunior¹ and Ladies shoes by ŒGuillermi
Check out the rest of the schedule with classes by ŒThe Masters¹ Saturday &
Sunday..
http:/www.celebratetango.com/festival/program.html

Thank you Gayatri
CELEBRATETANGO.COM