[Tango-A] NA-C: Workshop with Maxi Gluzman in Memphis, TN Sept 12-13, 2009

Octavia Perryman Ashby okperryman at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 22 00:25:26 EDT 2009

Argentine Tango Workshop in Memphis, TN

with Maxi Gluzman

Maxi is one of the top milongueros of the new generation in Argentina. The
tango that Maxi transmits is based upon communication between dancers in a
continuously close embrace, musical interpretation &
respectful navigation on the dance floor. Consequently, his lessons are
based on posture, leading & following, & musicality as a source of
creativity. He focuses on improvisation as key to develop a dance that is
fun & enjoyable for the couple, while still comfortably circulating in a
limited space. Maxi studied with the most renowned Argentine teachers in
this style: Susana Miller, Ana Maria Schapira, Pedro 'Tete' Rusconi, Pocho y
Neli, Ricardo Vidort & Jorge Kero. He travels regularly to Europe & the USA
to teach & perform.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Workshop at Fred Astaire Dance Studio, 6645 Poplar Ave. (Carrefour Mall)
Suite #206, Memphis, TN

1:00 – 2:30pm Usual & Unusual crosses (all levels) $25

The work on usual and unusual crosses of the leader and the follower is
going to help us study the subtleties of displacement, flexibility of the
embrace, and timing.

3:00 – 4:30pm Tango & milonga (all levels) $25

In this lesson we will see which movements we can "export" from tango to
milonga, and eventually which changes we must do in order to accomodate them
to this rhythm. At the same time, we will see which milonga movements can be
used in tango, and in which occasions.

9:00pm – 12:00am Milonga at TBA

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Workshop at Fred Astaire Dance Studio, 6645 Poplar Ave. (Carrefour Mall)
Suite #206, Memphis, TN

1:00 – 2:30pm Giros, communication & balance (all levels) $25

In this lesson we will not only add some giros to our repertoire but also
improve the communication and balance through the tango embrace.

3:00 – 4:30pm Milonga with Traspie (all levels) $25

We will continue our rhythmical work with further training on this beat.

Privates are available. Contact Margaret Sacks to arrange at 901-761-2318 or
email MATS: memphistango at hotmail.com

Make checks to: Memphis Argentine Tango Society (MATS) c/o Margaret Sacks,
5304 N. Clover Dr., Memphis, TN 38120. Early bird special $85 for 4 Sat. &
Sun. classes postmarked by Sept 5th.

Student rate: $15 per class (Must show valid ID)

Workshop presented by Memphis Argentine Tango Society www.memphistango.org

*Participants should wear leather soled shoes or non-gripping shoe.