[Tango-A] NA-C: Hot Winter Tango 2009 Registration Open (Dec 3-7, 2009)

Shaun Sellers shaun_sellers at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 21 11:02:31 EDT 2009

Hot Winter Tango
St Louis MO, Dec 3-7, 2009
http://gatewaytango.org/

Registration is open.

This is a small festival for experienced dancers with enrollment
limited to 150 participants (including milongas) and gender balanced.
Pre-registration is required (including milongas). No walk-ins
accepted.

The festival has developed a reputation for the high quality of
instruction and dancing, as well as for intimacy and friendliness.
Participants come from all over North America, with at least 1/3
of the participants tango instructors. The atmosphere is informal
and relaxed, with an emphasis on social dancing. Good floorcraft
will be essential in the milongas. There is no dress code during
the festival. A complimentary wine and empanada bar with a wide
selection of international wines will be available on Saturday
night. Sunday evening will feature free microbrewed beer and pizza.

Classes are oriented to serious dancers with multiple-years experience.
Additionally, there will be special training for tango instructors
and djs, core training and strengthening/flexibility classes.

Early arrival classes are on Thursday dec 3 with Adam Hoopengardner
and Ciko. Also, Homer & Cristina Ladas will stay in St Louis to
teach extra classes on Monday dec 7.

Due to the small size of the festival, we expect to sell out early
(last year followers' passes sold out almost 3 months in advance).
We are currently 35% full. If you want to attend this year, do not
wait too long to register.

See the website http://gatewaytango.org/logistics.html for special
rates for hotels and airfares. In particular, Northwest Airlines is
offering a 7% discount, and American airlines is offering a 5%
discount to St Louis. We have also added a widget that lists the
latest low airfares from all airlines to St Louis.

Dec 3-7, 2009
Guest instructors:
 -Brigitta Winkler (Berlin & NYC),
 -Homer & Cristina Ladas (San Francisco),
 -Felipe Martinez & Rosa Corisco (San Francisco),
 -Jaimes Friedgen & Christa Rodriguez (Seattle),
 -Sharna Fabiano (DC),
 -Adam Hoopengardner & Ciko (NYC)
 -Shorey Meyers (Berkeley),
 -Andrea Ducane (Minneapolis),

DJs:
 -Shorey Meyers (Berkeley),
 -Ramu Pyreddy (Ann Arbor),
 -Robin Thomas (NYC),
 -Joe Leonardo (Portland)
 -Avik Basu (Ann Arbor)

Additional pre- and post-festival classes with guest instructors:
 -Adam Hoopengardner & Ciko (Dec 3),
 -Homer & Cristina Ladas (Dec 7).

shaun
http://gatewaytango.org/

Meet me in St. Louis, Louis.
Meet me at the tango fair.
Don't tell me the lights are shining
Any place but there.

We will dance the hoochie coochie.
I will be your tootsie wootsie
If you will meet me in St. Louis, Louis.
Meet me at the tango fair.

 Kerry Mills and Andrew B. Sterling (1904)