[Tango-A] NA-E: Travel Plans for the Atlanta Tango Festival

Angel Montero angel_montero01 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 15:28:48 EST 2009

Dear Tango friends;

The Atlanta Tango Festival (www.atlantatangofestival.com) is two months and a half away (March 26-29, 2009), and now it is the time to start looking for plane tickets. Well, we have done that for you, and we have found some really good deals with DELTA airlines. These are some samples from cities all over the US:

Boston $199
Chicago (MDW) $189
Dallas $209
Denver $279
Detroit $179
Houston $197
Miami $189
Minneapolis $249
New York (LGA, JFK) $209
San Francisco $273
St. Louis $179
Washington (IAD) $189

For those of you driving to Atlanta, the good news (other than the price of gas staying under $2/gallon)is that we are negotiating flat parking fees with parking lots near the main hotel. The weekend fee is just $5/day, but we want to extend those fees to Thursday and Friday.

More news:

REGISTRATION: Registration is open and going full speed. For instructions, please visit www.atlantatangofestival.com/passes.html.
Free T-shirt for everybody buying an All Access or Festival Pass by March 1st.

SCHEDULE: New classes have been added to the schedule, including:

Milonga Etiquette Class by Barbara Durr and Tomás Howlin
Teachers Training Network meeting with Brigitta Winkler and Tomás Howlin
Music classes for dancers and DJs by Shorey Myers
Yoga/Pilates classes by Andrea DuCane

For more information, visit www.atlantatangofestival.com/schedule.html

HOTEL: The deadline for a discount rate is February 25th. More info, instructions and directions at www.atlantatangofestival.com/venue.html