[Tango-A] NA-E: Atlanta Tango Festival: workshop program is up

Angel Montero angel_montero01 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 12:37:47 EST 2009

Dear Tango friends:

Less than five weeks to the beginning of the 5th ATLANTA TANGO FESTIVAL, to be held in downtown Atlanta, March 26-29, and we have some exciting news for you:

HOTEL DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 10th
The hotel discount rate of $115/night (a bargain when you think we are talking about the Hyatt Regency, locals know what I am talking about) has been extended to March 10th.
Reservation instructions are available at http://www.atlantatangofestival.com/venue.html
If you are looking for a roommate, please let us know and we will do our best to help you.

WORKSHOPS PROGRAM IS UP
We just added the last pieces of information to our schedule (http://www.atlantatangofestival.com/schedule.html). The program offers a little bit for everybody interested in Social Tango, from easy to complicated choreography, musicality, technique, and a Women's special workshop with Brigitta Winkler and Rosa Corisco.
Registration is available at http://www.atlantatangofestival.com/passes.html (free T-shirt for All Access and Festival Pass registrants by March 1st).
At tis time we are still allowing followers to register without a partner (although they are strongly encouraged to register with a a partner), but after March 10th every follower will need to provide the name of a partner registering with her. We need sometime before the festival to evaluate the gender balance and see our measures in that sense start having effect.

SPECIAL CLASSES
In addition to an extensive regular program with seven milongas and fourteen workshops, we have several special classes and workshops. For details, please visit: http://www.atlantatangofestival.com/privates.html
A short list of these classes includes:

Teachers Training Network with Brigitta and Tomás. The topic this year is "On the use of language in your teaching". Connect     with fellow teachers and exchange your point of view. Saturday evening ($30, $15 for Festival and All Access registrants)Milonga Etiquette class with Barbara Durr (in collaboration with Tomás and Brigitta). Friday night ($5)Yoga/Pilates/Joint Mobility with Andrea DuCane. Saturday and Sunday morning ($10 each)Tango Music for Dancers (Saturday) and DJs (Sunday) with Shorey Myers ($15 each)