[Tango-A] NA-C: Maxi Gluzman teaching in Iowa City Mar.20-21-22, 2009

Greg Kovaciny tangoic at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 15:04:17 EST 2009

http://soli.inav.net/~dance/Maxi2009mar.html

Iowa City Tango Club* is Very Pleased to Present for his 5th Visit to Iowa City--
Maximiliano Gluzman
Tango Workshop Schedule
March 20-21-22, 2009
I.C. Senior Center Assembly Room
28 S. Linn Street (Old Post Office) - Iowa City, Iowa

FRIDAY EVENING (VIERNES) -March 20, 2009
7:00-8:30PM		COMMUNICATION. In this lesson we will do several exercises in order to be aware of the partner's position and to transmit/receive information about his or her motions.
8:30-9:30PM		Open Practica
8:45-9:45PM		Private Lesson

SATURDAY MORNING (SABADO) - March 21, 2009
10:00AM-1:00PM	Private Lessons will be available

SATURDAY AFTERNOON & EVENING (SABADO) - Mar.21, 2009
2:30-3:45PM	- HAMACAS (Swings?) In this lesson we will see several of these rhythmic structures that will also be of great help when navigating the dance floor.
4:00-5:15PM	- MILONGA. We will continue our training on this simple, but very fun, rhythm.
7:30PM-11:00PM	MILONGA (Argentine Tango Social Dance Party!)**  - - General Public Welcome**

SUNDAY MORNING (DOMINGO) - March 22, 2009
10:00AM-1:00PM	Private Lessons will be available

SUNDAY AFTERNOON (DOMINGO) - March 22, 2009
2:30-3:45PM		CONNCECTING GIROS IN VALS. In this lesson we will see some techniques in order to connect giros in our dance, allowing us to truly "waltzify" our waltz dance.
4:00-5:15PM		WALKING BACKWARDS. We will study structures in which it is the leader who walks backwards, while the follower walks forwards, both enhancing our steps repertoire and training our posture and displacement.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN STEP - in this lesson we will see some improvisation techniques in order to understand and create new steps.
5:15-6:00 PM		Open Practica

GROUP CLASSES COST
1 Class  - $25.00
2 or more classes - $20/each
Student Discount - $50.00 full weekend

MILONGA (Dance Party)
**General Public - $5.00
Tango, Vals, Milonga Music by "djgregk"
Tango Viejo, Classic, Golden Age, & a small bit of modern

ONE-HOUR PRIVATE LESSON COST
- Individual or One Couple -      $60.00
CALL Juan Marcos 319-354-1526 to schedule and confirm private lessons with Maxi OR EMAIL Juan at juan at juanmarcos.com

(Schedule Subject To Change - check webpage regularly)   http://soli.inav.net/~dance/Maxi2009mar.html    v.2 - 02-20-09

Be part of an Exciting Weekend of Tango Passion!  See you there!
Iowa City Tango Club is partnered with the IC Senior Center to present this special event*

= = = =

Maximiliano Gluzman started dancing in 1997. He soon discovered milonguero style and studied with the most renowned Argentine teachers in this style: Susana Miller, Ana Maria Schapira, Pedro "Tete" Rusconi, Pocho y Neli, Ricardo Vidort and Jorge Kero. Even if his main source of practice has been dancing in the milonga through endless hours, he has also embraced teaching as a main activity.

For several years he taught at Susana Miller's La Academia in Buenos Aires at all levels as well as with Milva Bernardi. Maximiliano was one of the organizers of the International Milonguero Meeting that took place in Buenos Aires in February 2007.

The tango that Maxi transmits is based upon communication between dancers in a continuously close embrace, musical interpretation and respectful navigation in the dance floor. Consequently, his lessons are based on posture, leading and following, and musicality as a source of creativity. He focuses on improvisation as key to develop a dance that is fun and enjoyable for the couple, while they can still comfortably circulate in a limited space.