[Tango-A] Misc: Gotan Project's "La Revancha del Tango" n°27 over the 50 best albums of the decade

burak ozkosem buraktango at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 15:32:05 EST 2009

I just learned from booking manager of GotanPproject that The Guardian
(UK) has ranked Gotan Project's "La Revancha del Tango" n°27 over the
50 best albums of the decade !!!

here is the link:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/nov/29/albums-of-the-decade

Gotan Project somehow has found the way to make Argentine Tango and
Folklore accessible for general public. At this moment, we, as Tango
Professionals (producers, musicians, DJs, instructors, promoters,
dancers, etc.) need to be welcoming guides to get people into
Argentine Tango Culture and build Tango awareness more efficiently
rather than scaring them away.

Let's not forget that Argentine Tango Culture is a multilayered
complex living, and evolving phenomenon which has been heavily
influenced by Immigrant culture and Body-Gender issues in our society.
Therefore, it's more than the synthetic and egoist statements about
"What is Real Tango?" Until Time machine is invented, I suggest
everyone keep dancing, keep learning about the Tango culture to be
able to share it with the newcomers and new generation of tango
dancers.

Bests
Burak Ozkosem
Chicago