[Tango-A] NA-C:Chicago Mini Tango Festival, Early, EarlyBird Rate expires in 3 days

chicagomilonguero chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 29 08:57:36 EST 2009

Chicago Mini Tango Festival, Early, EarlyBird Rate expires in 3 days

The Early, Early Bird Discount to the Chicago Mini Tango Festival (www.chicagotangofestival.com) will expire on December 31, 2009. So far we have people coming to the Festival from Kansas City; Los Angeles; Cincinnati; Madison, Wisconsin; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Washington, D.C; Indianapolis; Toronto; Minneapolis; Grawn, Michigan; Houston, Texas and of course, Buenos Aires and Chicago.

The festival will be held from April 8-11, 2010 at the University of Chicago in the Hyde Park section of Chicago.

The instructors for the Chicago Mini Tango Festival include:

Alberto Dassieu and Paulina Spinoso     (Buenos Aires)
Gustavo Benzecry and Maria Olivera     (Buenos Aires)
Oscar and Mary Ann Casas           (Buenos Aires/Toronto)

Djs include:
Ramu Pyreddy (Washington, D.C.)
Jorge Andres  (Toronto)
Lampis Zalavras     (Los Angeles)
Oleh Kovalchuke (Kansas City)
Maria Olivera (Buenos Aires)

The full festival pass will be $200 prior to January 1, 2009. The Saturday Arrival festival pass will be $160 prior to January 1, 2010. The full festival student pass will be $120 prior to January 1, 2010. The pass includes ability to select from up to 20 classes. The four day festival held at the University of Chicago in the classic Hyde Park section of Chicago includes the ability to select from over 20 workshops. There will also be seven milongas (including our Saturday Argentina night milonga with wine, empanadas, and fantastic performances and our special Sunday morning "Eye Opener milonga"). There will also be a special chat session on Sunday afternoon.

To see videos of the 2009 Chicago Mini Tango Festival which included Ruben Harymbat and Enriqueta Kleinman, Gustavo Benzecry and Maria Olivera, Elina Roldan and Ramiro Gigliotti, and Oscar Casas, please go to: http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Old09Video.php.

Pricing & Registration

Registration including early, early bird registration is now available. Early, early bird registration is available until December 31, 2009. Pay by paypal or mail and postmark by December 31st. For pricing and registration information, please go to:

http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Payment_Registration.php

Schedule
For the schedule and information on private classes please go to
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Schedule.php

Locations
For locations and directions to the events, please go to
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Location.php

Air Travel & Car Rental

Please note that we have arranged for discounted airfares on American Airlines to either Midway Airport (airport code: MDW) or Ohare International Airport (airport code: ORD). We have also arranged for discounted rentals on Avis car rentals. For further
details go to:
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Air_Travel_Car_Rental.php

Lodging

There are several lodging alternatives, including a variety of rooms at the International House at the University of Chicago and also the possibility of getting a room at the Ramada Inn in Hyde Park. For more information on lodging options, please go to:
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Lodging.php

We have created two blogs, one for people who would like to host guests and one for guests that need lodging. To post offers for lodging (possibility to host other dancers) at the Chicago Mini Tango Festival send an email to: lodging-offer at chicagotangofestival.com. Please type #end at the end of your message to eliminate advertising. To view lodging offers go to: http://ct-lodging-offers.blogspot.com/. To post requests for lodging at the Chicago Mini Tango Festival send an email to: lodging-request at chicagotangofestival.com. Please type #end at the end of your message to eliminate advertising. To view lodging requests go to: http://ct-lodging-requests.blogspot.com/ . For more information about lodging in general, please contact us at lodging at chicagotangofestival.com.
Contact Information

Please let your friends know if they would like to receive updated information they can subscribe to our mailing list by sending an email to Ray Barbosa     at info at chicagotangofestival.com or have them subscribe to the Chicago Tango Festival yahoo website at ChicagoTangoFestival-subscribe at yahoogroups.com .

In the alternative they can join the Chicago Mini Tango Festival facebook site to get updated information by searching for the site or by going to the following link:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22276123852&ref=ts

Looking forward to see you next April 2010.

Take care,

Ray Barbosa

Organizers and contributors: Chicago Milonguero, Ltd. and the Argentine Tango Club of the University of Chicago.