[Tango-A] NA-W: February 2010: EARLY NOTICE - Gustavo & Giselle Colorado Weekend Workshops!

Brian Dunn brianpdunn at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 16 20:37:32 EST 2009

Dear Tango Aficionados!

Dance of the Heart is happy to announce a very special opportunity for
Colorado tango dancers and all out-of-town visitors in February 2010!
Registration will be open soon - in the meantime, see below for details!

Legendary tango maestros GUSTAVO NAVEIRA and GISELLE ANNE will offer an
unprecedented series of tango workshops EVERY WEEKEND in February!  In
addition, Dance of the Heart will host a special “Pre-Valentine's Day”
Milonga on Saturday February 13th featuring "DJ Gustavo" and a stunning
performance by Gustavo & Giselle!

If you're at all unfamiliar with Gustavo and Giselle, visit YouTube and
search on "Gustavo Giselle Tango" to find out for yourself - but give
yourself some time to go through the mountain of online videos of their
dancing!  Until then, let's just say that we consider them the finest and
most influential tango dancing-teaching couple in the world.  We are proud
to call them our maestros.  For out-of-town visitors, besides the special
Valentine's Day weekend Milonga, you can combine a trip with any number of
tango-related events every night of the week - or maybe you want to get in
some midweek skiing between TWO weekends?! LOTS of possibilities!

For those who don't yet know, Gustavo and Giselle have decided to make
Boulder their new home. While they will still travel extensively to satisfy
the worldwide demand for their tango gifts, their two children are in school
here, and Gustavo's older children Federico and Ariadna (world-famous tango
teachers in their own right) will be visiting Colorado with increasing
frequency. Gustavo has already done more DJ gigs here in Colorado than
anywhere else, except for his seven years as a Buenos Aires tango DJ.  We
hope many of you locals got a chance to see them social dancing at Tango
Colorado's Holiday ball last weekend, where they shared the floor with us
for hours.

Back to February: the classes can be taken in any order, or no order, and
you're able to take only those classes that interest you.  Again, NO PARTNER
IS REQUIRED!  EACH class stands on its own, without dependencies on any
other class.

All events will be held at the Avalon Ballroom in Boulder.  Classes will be
held every Saturday and Sunday at 2pm and at 3:45pm. Classes will be 1.5
hours long, and will NOT require a partner.

Base price for classes is $30 each, with discounts to be announced shortly.
Additional events and details about practice opportunities will also be
announced shortly.

Sat  6th Feb
2:00-3:30pm: The Milonguero Cross
3:45-5:15pm: Musicality: Rhythm

Sun 7th Feb
2:00-3:30pm: El Boleo: Then and Now
3:45-5:15pm: Caminada: The essential walk

Sat  13th Feb
2:00-3:30pm: The ocho cortado and its variations
3:45-5:15pm: Musicality: Phrasing
EVENING MILONGA: "Milonga del Corazon" with "DJ Gustavo" and PERFORMANCE by
Gustavo & Giselle!

Sun 14th Feb
2:00-3:30pm: Sacadas for Leaders and Followers
3:45-5:15pm: Structure of the turn

Sat  20th Feb
2:00-3:30pm: The Milonguero Turn
3:45-5:15pm: Musicality: “Line of Force”

Sun 21st Feb
2:00-3:30pm: El Gancho: Then and now
3:45-5:15pm: The “variable-distance” embrace

Sat  27th Feb
2:00-3:30pm: Milonguero Adornments
3:45-5:15pm: Musicality: Narrative

Sun 28th Feb
2:00-3:30pm: Barridas in Endless Combinations
3:45-5:15pm: Changes of Direction

GET YOUR PRACTICE IN!
Once the month has started, we'll be devoting ALL our regular local classes
to PRACTICING the essential skills used in the classes given by Gustavo and
Giselle, so that those who have taken the classes with them can best retain
the material.  This includes our lesson/practica on Mondays in Boulder, our
classes at the Boulder Tango Colorado practica on Thursdays, and our
pre-milonga Mercury Café classes in Denver on Fridays. For out-of-town
visitors, it's a great chance to come early, stay late, or both, and get in
that essential practice that leads to retention (in between some skiing)!

CONTACT US TO BE ON OUR UPDATE LIST - AND WATCH FOR OUR FACEBOOK GROUP!
Registration is NOT YET OPEN - but we wanted to inform you as soon as
possible to help you make your plans for 2010.  There will be lots of
breaking news between now and February - contact us to be on our email list
for this fantastic series of workshops!  Updates will also be posted on the
web page at http://www.danceoftheheart.com/CTE2010Workshops.htm

Abrazos,
Brian Dunn and Deb Sclar
Dance of the Heart
www.danceoftheheart.com
"Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time"