[Tango-A] NA-C: Back-to-Back New Year's Eve Milongas in at ARTango Center, Chicago

Shafqat Manzur shafqatmanzur at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 14:59:21 EST 2009

Dear friends,

We are excited to announce the first back-to-back New Year's eve milongas in Chicago on December 31st and January 1st. Call it a party, welcoming the new year on the dance floor, two wonderful milongas or bringing the new year into your life to the music of tango; it will surely be a lot of fun. This will be no ordinary milonga as we are planning a party. Come join us to celebrate the beginning of the new year with dancers from Chicago and nearby cities as well. As always, we welcome out-of-town dancers who are also part of our family.

Here is the schedule of the event:

- The New Year's eve party and milonga will be from 8 PM on Thursday, December 31st till 5 AM on January 1st.

- The second milonga will be on Friday, January 1st will be from 9 PM till 3 AM.

The highlights:

- 14 hours of dancing on a beautiful smooth wooden floor in an equally beautiful and cozy studio

- A dinner of Spanish tapas, desert and Champagne will be served at 10 PM on Dec 31st - let the party begin.

- Snacks will be served at 10 PM on January 1st for the tired and hungry dancers to rejuvenate them for another night of dancing.

Prices:

- The whole event: $50 (paid in advance by 27 Dec)

- Only the first part (9PM Dec 31 - 5AM Jan 1): $45 if paid in advance and $55 at the door

- Only the second part (10PM Jan 1 - 3AM Jan 2): $15 at the door

DJs:

- Masik (Katia Alferova, Chicago)

- Ellen Mashkovich, Chicago

- Robert McKenney, St. Louis

To pay in advance, please mail a check to:

Maria Alferov
367 West Superior St A
Chicago, IL 60610

We would love to see you at the party.