[Tango-A] NA-E: NYC Esmeralda's Sun/Soon Gustavo and Maria!

Lucille Krasne lukrasne at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 27 20:32:12 EDT 2009

Esmeralda¹s Tango and Tapas at Session 73
This Sun.---Aug 30
¡Aire Acondicionado!
DANCE 8  ŒTIL LATE!  (12:30 + or until the vacas come home!)
Evelyn and Danny: Pre-intermediate classes-Evelyn breaks down the movement
into the steps.Danny breaks down the steps. Both say: ³Bring us your
problems‹we¹ll work with them.²
Beginners w/Me (Lucille) Both classes at 7:00. $10 Admission includes
classes

Dearest of people, Gustavo and Maria, return to town, and will pay us
another
visit
Labor Day weekend at Esmeralda¹s! Esmeraldians love them so much so put this
on your calendar‹plus their Sat. Sept 5-- Workshops at Ripley Grier (see
schedule below)*

See you soon,
       Lucille

PS NOTES Regarding‹Esmeralda¹s al Norte Postponing our next Westchester
Grand,
Playful, Joyful, Dancer-filled, Fine, Bs.As.- Style milonga into
fall‹difficult decision, too much happening. They wants us back but-- No
thanks‹we are on to other places (with more space‹we outgrew this space
which
truly surprised us,the first time out!) You will receive plenty of
announcements about the next one.

With a totally black sky hovering over us scaring us a lot, you came
anyway--
from Connecticut, Upstate NY, Woodstock, NYC, New Jersey and Westchester,
and
even Staten Island was represented.

See Judy Phelps¹ page of images from that night‹
Forgive us for not getting good ones of everyone who attended. Too many got
left out, but
Next event ----no one gets away! (more names/pictures to be added‹Judy did
not
know all by name)
<http://www.phelpstango.com/Phelpstango/Photos_Esmeralda.html>

*For Gustavo and Maria¹s workshops---520 8th Avenue 16th Floor
 Saturday September 5th in Studio 16J -
 2:00 - 3:15
 Giros & contragiros - how to keep the fun going: use of adornments such as
enrosques, rulos and sacadas in close embrace.
 3:30 - 4:45
Milonga traspié: A whole new world of musicality, dividing beats in three
and four piecesŠin other wordsŠ²if you want meŠcome and get me!²
One workshop $35. Two workshops in the same day/couples $60.
Call Francesca Bertelli 917-815-5807 for reservations & privates.

Lucille Krasne
212 777 6053
³Esmeralda¹s TANGO AND TAPAS² Sundays
Session 73,  73rd and 1st Av, SW corner