[Tango-A] NA-C: Meet in the Middle classes, need Men

Karen Whitesell kglass02 at centurytel.net
Sun Aug 9 13:06:37 EDT 2009

Hello tango friends,

Please register soon as possible, time is approaching for Meet in the
Middle Sept 17-21 in Mt Vernon MO.  Especially need MEN, as I have a lot of
extra women.  I offer the following classes to tempt you...

First from Buenos Aires, I have Gustavo Benzecry and Maria Olivera, the most
popular couple traveling this summer:
1) Tango Salón: Turns and counter-turns.
2) Tango Salón: Structures that set us free. The use of improvisation,
3) Milonga traspié: Understanding the musicality and its variations.
4) Milonga traspié: Sequences to play with the music.

Second, I have Charles Roques of New York City, assisted by local student,
Shauna Smith, and Ellen Chrystal, friend from NYC.
Class 1 Fri. 8:00 pm  with Shauna Smith
Vals I  Introduction to tango vals and how the waltz rhythm affects the
timing of walking and the execution of steps.

Class 2 Sat. 1:00 pm with Shauna Smith
Vals II   The musicality of waltz and how to create fluidity and grace by
choosing steps that accentuate the waltz timing.

Class III Sun. 12:30 pm with Ellen Chrystal
The music and basic elements of milonga, including timing, walking, rhythm
and introduction to traspie.

Third, I have James Smith and Mariallan Shadle from Memphis TN.
Class 1:            Walk The Line
Walking the tango walk with confidence and style

Class 2:            In the Mood, In the Music
Using musicality to transform an average dance into a memorable one.

Class 3:            The Big Squeeze!
Gridlock happens, even in Milongas, so what does one do when the music is
still going and you aren't?

Fourth, Also for the men, and women can come too, Helaine Treitman of Naples
FL has a seminar on Friday morning, "Men! Slay the Dragons that are Ruining
your Tango!"

And another reason to come:  I have revarnished the floor for you!
http://thelearningdepot.com/murrays-1

Reply or Call for details:  417-471-1001

See you soon, Karen