[Tango-A] NA-E: NYC Friday Tango Lounge: DJ Tine + Cafe Talk "The Bandoneon" by JP Jofre Romarion

Tine Herreman tine at yaletangoclub.org
Thu Aug 6 10:47:05 EDT 2009

Dear friends,
Thank you for coming to Tango Lounge last Friday!
Would love to see you again this week and every week! We have some
Fresh Ideas lined up for you: a Fascinating Talk, and half price
Mojitos!

Tango Lounge
Let the Excitement Begin
Friday August 7, 9.30pm
at DanceSport 22 W 34th St, New York NY

DJ/host Tine,
8.30pm ***Everything about the Bandoneon*** Cafe Talk by Bandoneonist
Juan Pablo Jofre Romarion*
8.30 Free class for Intermediate and free class for beginners by
DanceSport teachers
9.30 Milonga, DJ/host Tine
With Performance, details tba
We go until 2.30 am

++ Half price Mojitos at the bar! Great wine selection.

$12 for everything. Student discount.

CAFE TALK
Juan Pablo Jofre Romarion (http://www.jofreromarion.com.ar), the
promising young bandoneon player with the impressive resume and the
cool specs, will join us for a CAFE TALK about his instrument, how it
works, its history, famous people who played the bando, how you play
tango with it, and how it makes tango sound like tango.
Juan will tell us interesting facts and fascinating stories about the
bandoneon, play some demos for us, and answer your questions. We are
aiming for an interactive format! So come ask Juan everything you
always wanted to know about the bandoneon.
Friday Aug 7 from 8.30-9.30 or slightly later at DanceSport Cafe (or a
bigger room if necessary).
You can order a refreshment and find a comfy spot to listen and talk with Juan.
The Cafe Talk is included with admission to the milonga (which is
$12). It takes the place of the usual pre-milonga dance lesson this
week.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112396570825