[Tango-A] NA-W: Denver MERCURY CAFE tango classes with Dance of the Heart!

Brian Dunn brianpdunn at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 5 20:21:43 EDT 2009

Dear Tango Aficionados,

We are delighted to announce that during the months of August and September,
Dance of the Heart will teach the pre-milonga tango classes on Fridays at
the Mercury Cafe!

WHAT:  Tango Classes for ALL LEVELS
       TangoConnection™ Express 2009 Classes

WHO:   YOU & Dance of the Heart staff
       Deborah Sclar, Brian Dunn,
       Anna Gebhardt, Dean Baumann,
       Ian Caldwell, Aja Duniven,
       Laura Mace, Travis Webb, and ??

WHEN:  Friday  Aug & Sept '09
       6:30pm  Fundamentals ($5)
       7:45pm  Continuing ($5)
       9pm     Milonga (cover charge varies)

WHERE: Mercury Café
       22nd & California, Denver
       www.mercurycafe.com

COST:  $5 per class
       $10 per 2-class session

STARTING THIS FRIDAY and continuing through Friday, September 25, please
join us for our special Mercury Café TangoConnection™ “Express 2009 Edition”
classes - shortened versions of our popular, on-going
TangoConnection™ 2009 edition Boulder-based classes. We’ll cover much of
the material we deliver in our seven regular Boulder 2009 Edition class
sessions, but the Merc classes provide an opportunity to receive these
classes at the fabulous bargain price of $5 per class! ($10 for both classes
in a given Friday night session).

These tango classes are designed to let you join AT ANY TIME – EVERY class
is a suitable starting point! Now in its third major revision, in the
TangoConnection™ class curriculum, we approach the
fundamentals of tango from seven distinct perspectives.

We name each perspective after a well-known tango
orchestra to highlight the non-hierarchical relationship between the
sessions while providing students with fascinating cultural, historical and
musical contexts to increase your enjoyment and pleasure in the music and
movement. Once you take the 6:30pm fundamentals class on any given Friday,
you'll have the foundation necessary to effectively participate in the
7:45pm class that same night, which works the same perspective at a deeper
level.

No matter WHICH session you choose in August and/or September, you’ll emerge
with something you’ll be able to use in your tango from then on:

You’ll have an awareness and experience of the fundamental “tango
connection” and how to cultivate it in your tango dancing;

You’ll understand the structural fundamentals of “Tango Theory 101” and how
to use it in executing and designing your own individual tango;

You’ll clearly understand how a particular night’s perspective on tango fits
within the range of possible tango experiences.

A note about our staff: We are thrilled to be able to offer you the most
well-trained tango teaching staff in the known universe! (Well, OK, at least
in Colorado). The members of our Colorado staff (listed above) have
manifested an incredible collective commitment to mastering tango. As a
group, they have collectively attended FIFTY-SIX week-long advanced seminars
with world-class tango teachers since 2003!

If you’re able to attend ALL SEVEN Friday nights in August and September,
you’ll get an “Express Edition” exposure to the foundations of tango that is
unavailable anywhere else – and at an INCREDIBLE bargain price! If you’re
feeling “stuck” in your tango development, this “rediscovery” may be just
what you need to get to your next level. If you’ve taken tango lessons from
other teachers, you may be surprised how effectively we can “embrace and
extend” whatever you’ve already learned from them by placing your current
level of mastery within a larger tango context that offers you new ideas to
explore in your dance.

See you Friday in class at the Merc!

Abrazos,
Brian Dunn & Deb Sclar
Dance of the Heart
http://www.danceoftheheart.com
“Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time”

(TATC)