[Tango-A] NA-E: Boston, Sunday May 10: Anne Atheling's 79th Birthday Milonga

Shahrukh Merchant shahrukh at shahrukhmerchant.com
Tue Apr 21 00:59:59 EDT 2009

Anne Atheling, dancer extraordinaire, is celebrating her 79th birthday
with a grand Milonga, FREE and open to all Tango lovers, as she did at
the wonderful event last year for her 78th birthday. All Tango dancers
are welcomed, and you are encouraged to pass the word around to other
Tango lovers as well.

In Anne's words: "I look forward to welcoming you to my party on May
10th - your invitation is attached! And please pass my invitation on to
your tango friends ... the lovely hall holds 300 and I am hoping for a
full house! My party is a thank you and celebration of my many friends
in the tango community."

Here are the details:

Anne Atheling's 79th Birthday "Milonga de Cumpleaños"

Sunday, May 10, 2009 from 7 pm – 11 pm

Springstep - Hawkins Hall (top floor)
98 George P. Hassett Drive, Medford, MA (10 minutes from Boston or
Cambridge)

DJ: Adriana Pinto of havetotango.com
Tango, milonga, vals - and a dash of nuevo

Festive attire - it’s a party !

plus an awesome celebratory not-to-be-missed SURPRISE ...

Per Anne's request, "NO GIFTS - please, please, please, PLEASE! Your
presence is your birthday gift to me."

You are invited to bring your own snacks and beverages (non-alcoholic,
this being Boston ...), if you wish, for your own group or to share ...

Questions? 617-923-8211 or atheling at verizon.net

For those who do not know Anne, she dances almost 7 nights a week (and
as much Tango as she can!) and has been doing so since before many of us
were born! She organized the first Tango Festival in Boston in June
1997, and is the co-founder of the Tango Society of Boston.

For those outside the Boston area who want to make a weekend out of it,
there are also Milongas on the previous two nights, as well as workshops
by Fernanda Ghi and Guillermo Merlo (organized independently). See
http://tango.havetodance.com/calendar.html or
http://www.bostontango.org/ for details on other Boston-area Tango
events that weekend.