[Tango-A] NA-E: Latin & Argentine Tango Club 15th Anniversary Celebration

Amy and Ray amyandray at wowway.com
Sat Oct 25 20:19:42 EDT 2008

The 15th and last Anniversary Celebration of the Latin & Argentine Tango
Club of Detroit will be one week from today, November 1st, at O'Kelly Hall
in Dearborn. We hope everyone will join us. There is still time to reserve
for dinner, but you must act now. We will have to submit a final count to
O'Kelly Hall management by Tuesday, October 28th. We have had some questions
about dress. Although it is not formal, it will be a gala party, so dress to
impress.

Guillermina Quiroga, one of the top female tango dancers in the world today,
will be dancing with Cesar Coelho in our show. We will also have several
talented local professionals performing;
Pamela & Alex of Dancesport Academy of Michigan
John Bayman & Sarah Gosline of Grand Rapids Tango
Louis Mushro, internationally renown singer, actor, and impressionist.
And of course we will feature a number of our own Motor City Milongueros in
the show

As we have done in all our Anniversary Celebrations we will dance Amy's
Dream at the end of the show. Argentine tango was unknown in Michigan when
we organized the Club in 1993. It was Amy's dream to fill the dance floors
of Michigan with people dancing and loving Argentine tango. Our Anniversary
Celebrations are evidence that Amy's dream has been realized. You will dance
Amy's Dream with us because you are the true stars of the show. Without you
none of this would have been possible.

We are presenting Guillermina & Cesar in the show through the cooperation of
Club de Tango: "Amigos de Jueves". There will also be workshops and
milongas.
Thursday, October 30th, 7pm, at the Pittsfield Grange in Ann Arbor
Friday, October 31st, 7pm, at the Academy of Dance in Dexter
Saturday, November 1st, 2pm, at the Academy of Dance in Dexter
Both Guillermina and Cesar will be available for private lessons.
Please contact Teresa Herrlinger, mtherrlinger at yahoo.com, or Jorge &
Griselda Broggio, jbroggio at voyager.net, for information about the workshops
and private lessons.

We will have a RAFFLE! Roberto de Buenos Aires has generously donated two
fur pieces from his shop in Windsor, a lovely black fox headband/collar and
a beautiful red fox boa. The boa can be worn as a scarf or a collar, value
$600. The black fox is valued at $250. We will also have a special basket of
a variety of items, including some of our favorite collectibles from
Argentina and 20 CDs of the best music of Buenos Aires. It is difficult to
put value on our basket, but it is worth at least $300. The basket is full
of surprises. It will fun to open! The total value of the raffle prizes will
be over $1,000! Raffle tickets will be sold by Alana and Alex Castillo, Luis
& Irma's children from Russia. Alana and Alex are very enthusiastic about
their combined heritage; Russian, Argentine, and American. They are fluent
all three languages!

Following are the details!
Latin & Argentine Tango Club 15th Anniversary Celebration
Saturday, November 1st
A Gala Dinner, Dance, and Show at O'Kelly Banquet Hall
23663 Park Street,
Dearborn, Michigan 48124
(2 blocks south of Michigan and 3 blocks west of Outer Drive)
Reservations are first-come first serve for seating
Reserve a table for 8 to 10 Guests

6:00pm Cocktails & General Dancing
8:00pm Dinner
10:00pm Show
1:00am Last Dance
Dinner, Show, and General Dancing $50
Show and General Dancing Only (After 9pm) $25
FULL OPEN BAR ALL EVENING!

To confirm your reservation please send a check or money order made out to
Latin & Argentine Tango Club of Detroit to the following address.
Reservations will be required for dinner. Remember the deadline for dinner
reservations, Tuesday, October 28th. Reservations for show and general
dancing (after 9pm) will be available until November 1st, but we must have
your paid reservation in advance.

Amy and Ray
25283 Hopkins
Dearborn Heights, MI 48125