[Tango-A] NA-E: Detlef & Melina in NYC

Melina Sedo & Detlef Engel tango at tangodesalon.de
Tue Oct 21 18:03:26 EDT 2008

Dear friends,

It was a pleasure to meet so many interesting dancers in San
Francisco, Seattle & Portland. In case you have not seen it yet,
check out our new video of our demo at the Portland TangoFest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NPOmw32458

Our last stop of our autum-US-tour will be New York City and we are
looking forward to meeting you there.

We are happy to announce some interesting classes, demos and a
special event: the Milonga Transatlantica:

October, 21:	Demo at Triangulo Milonga
October, 22:	Milonga Transatlantica
October, 23:	Class & Demo at La Nacional
October, 25:	Workshops at Ripley Grier Studios
			Demo at Santiago Steele's Practilonga
October, 26:	Workshops at Ripley Grier Studios

Please see detailed infos below.

Abrazos,

Melina & Detlef

Private Lessons - three slots free!

Melina & Detlef will be available for private classes on october, 22
- 25. They always teach private classes together as they want to
offer their students both the view of a follower and a leader.

Please book with:
Francecsa Bertelli
francescabl25 at gmail.com
917-815-5807

Workshops at Ripley Grier - sone place left!
October, 25 & 26

Saturday, 4 - 5.30: Technique & Bodywork (all levels)
Working with relaxation and tension, finding our axis, examining
different concepts of walking and dynamics, working on dissociation
and relaxed pivoting. All the techniques which allow you to stay
relaxed while dancing. No partner required.

Saturday, 5.30 - 7: Elegant variations of the cross (intermediate &
advanced)
The cross of the woman is a very interesting and elegant element, if
it is not danced automatically. Why use it only in the 8-count-basic
and always left in front of right foot? We examine the technique of
leading & dancing the cross properly, develop surprising new
solutions and explore all kinds of new crosses.

Sunday, 1 - 2.30: Tango Milonguero (all levels)
Discovering the steps of the traditional Milongueros in Buenos Aires:
rhythmical variations of walking, variations of the ocho cortado and
more... After this class you get the approval of every Milonguero in
Buenos Aires.

Sunday, 2.30 - 4: Tango con Sabor (intermediate & advanced)
Discover the slowness of the music and enjoy the embrace with the
partner. Tango is not about arriving somewhere but about savouring
each little movement in the process. During this class we’ll focus on
closeness, feeling and pleasure in slow and romantic Tangos.

Rates: $35 for single class, $65 for 2 and $85 for 3 and $100 for 4
classes.

Please book in advance with:
Francecsa Bertelli
francescabl25 at gmail.com, 917-815-5807

Milonga Transatlantica @ Mambo D

Wednesday, October 22
9.30 pm - 1 am

Melina, Detlef and Francesca invite you to their Milonga
Transatlantica at Mambo D Dance Center.
DJane Melina will play traditional Tangos, Milongas & Valses in
Tandas and with
Cortinas. Prepare yourself for an evening of non-stop-dancing like in
Buenos Aires.

Entrance fee: $12

Venue:
Mambo D Dance Center