[Tango-A] NA-E: Olivetto Milonga class and Smart Followers this Friday!

School of Traditional Tango statnyc at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 12:12:26 EDT 2008

Continuing with our theme of preserving authentic tango from the best milonguero maestros of Milonga, we will work this whole month on material from Tanguito Olivetto. For those who do not know, Olivetto was a great milonguero dancer and maestro who for many years was the president of Sin Rumbo, "La Catedral de Tango" in Buenos Aires. Known for his particular style of milonga, he taught many young dancers who are important proponents of tango today their first steps. This gave the world a new perspective on tango. Extremely rare films of his dance will be shown and background material of his most popular figures will be discussed each week. Don't miss this rare and special opportunity to learn from the past!

Fridays in the month of October
8 to 9 PM
CHELSEA STUDIOS, 151 W 26th st, 5th fl, NYC, NY 10001
By Anton Gazenbeek and Sergio Segura

also on Fridays
7-8pm: Smart Follower practica

Class #1
In the SMART FOLLOWER Practica you will learn in the old Buenos Aires system in which women learned from men the secrets of following, body control, posture, elegance, precision, axis & balance, and strong and sharp embellishments properly placed in the dance. The best female dancers such as Milena Plebs, Guillermina Quiroga, Vanina Bilous were trained by men (mainly Todaro) and Todaro's techniques will be a main principle in this class. Don't miss this chance to really improve your dancing and learn in a fun environment with other followers! Men followers are welcome.
Leaders FREE the last 20 min.(7:40)

Class #2
After the Smart Followers Practica we will have a MILONGA LISA AND VALS CRIOLLO only class in which we will teach all the secrets of the great milonga maestros such as Pepito Avellaneda and Lampazo. Musicality and music interpretation will be a main concept in the classes as well as the structure of the dance.

See you there!

Mondays
7 PM to 8 PM Strictly Traditional Tango
8 PM to 9 PM Practica
CHELSEA STUDIOS, 151 W 26th st, 5th fl, NYC, NY 10001

Leaders’ Practica: Tuesdays 6:30 – 8:00pm All Levels
$12 or 5 practicas for $50
FOLLOWERS COME FREE from 7:40 to 8:00 PM!

AT:
Chelsea Studios, 151W 26th st. 5th fl., 10001
More info: 917-373-7446/7444