[Tango-A] NA-C: 2009 CHICAGO MINI TANGO FESTIVAL, APRIL 17-19, 2009

chicagomilonguero chicagomilonguero at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 14:31:23 EST 2008

2009 CHICAGO MINI TANGO FESTIVAL

It gives me great to announce that the 2009 Chicago Mini Tango Festival website (www.chicagotangofestival.com) has been updated.  The Festival will be from April 17-19, 2009. Pre-festival workshops will also be held on Thursday, April 16, 2009. The instructors for the Chicago Mini Tango Festival include Ruben Harymbat and Enriqueta Kleinman (Buenos Aires), Gustavo Benzecry and Maria Olivera (Buenos Aires), and Ramiro Gigliotti and Elina Roldan (Buenos Aires). Djs include Vijay Namasivayam (San Francisco), Ko Tanaka (New York), Ilene Marder (Woodstock, NY),  and Paul Akmajian (Albuquerque, New Mexico

The festival will consist of three days of workshops and five milongas at the University of Chicago in the classic Hyde Park section of Chicago. There will also be Master Class during the festival – separate reservations will be required.

Pricing & Registration

Registration including early bird registration is now available. For pricing and registration information, please go to:

http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Payment_Registration.php

Schedule
For the schedule and information on private classes please go to
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Schedule.php

Locations
For locations and directions to the events, please go to
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Location.php

Air Travel & Car Rental

Please note that we have arranged for discounted airfares on American Airlines to either Midway Airport (airport code: MDW) or Ohare International Airport (airport code: ORD). We have also arranged for discounted rentals on Avis car rentals. For further
details go to:
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Air_Travel_Car_Rental.php

Lodging

There are several lodging alternatives, including a variety of rooms at the International House at the University of Chicago and also the possibility of getting a room at the Ramada Inn in Hyde Park. For more information on lodging options, please go to:
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Lodging.php

If there are individuals in the Chicagoland area who are willing to house an out of town guest please let us know by emailing us at lessons at chicagotangofestival.com.

Contact Information

Please let your friends know if they would like to receive updated information they can subscribe to our mailing list by sending an email to Ray Barbosa at info at chicagotangofestival.com or have them subscribe to the Chicago Tango Festival yahoo website at ChicagoTangoFestival-subscribe at yahoogroups.com .

In the alternative they can join the Chicago Mini Tango Festival facebook site to get updated information by searching for the site or by going to the following link:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22276123852&ref=ts

2008 Chicago Mini Tango Festival photos taken by Phoebe Grant and Marco Mambelli can be found at: http://chicagotangofestival.com under The Festival 2008. Videos of the 2008 Chicago Mini Tango Festival can also be found under The Festival 2008.

Looking forward to see you next April 2009.

Take care,

Ray Barbosa

Organizers and contributors: Chicago Milonguero, Ltd. and the Argentine Tango Club of the University of Chicago.