[Tango-A] NA:Tango with the Buddha at Omega Institute, June 29–July 4

Tango Zen: Dance Here Now tangozen at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 26 06:54:42 EDT 2008

Tango with the Buddha at Omega Institute, June 29–July 4
Tango Zen workshop by Chan and Eugenia Park

Have you admired those who tango and those who meditate? Would you like to experience the beauty and bond these two disciplines offer? Discover how both aesthetic experiences can be your road to inner peace in this informative and exciting workshop.

Tango Zen is an innovative yet natural practice of meditating while dancing. We learn basic tango steps through a systematic approach while experiencing the joy of dancing with simple movements. Through an appreciation of music, we recognize our inner self and oneness with our partner.

Also Tango Zen is about learning to appreciate traditional tango through disciplines of Zen, which teaches us to devote 100% of our physical and mental attention to what we are doing Here Now.

The daily schedule includes a Tango Zen practice (walking dance meditation), a tango class, and a dance practice. We learn a number of exercises to experience and enjoy the wonderful benefits both tango and Zen  have to offer. We focus on breathing, posture, centering, weight-shifting, being mindful of our self, connecting with a partner and music, and walking in close embrace. The daily tango class offers an opportunity to learn basic tango movements.

Tango Zen is open to people of any skill level in dance or meditation.

As innovative and adventurous tango dance instructors and walking meditation coaches, Chan and Eugenia Park have made it their quest to promote tango and walking meditation for pleasure and inner peace. For years, they have offered workshops in Europe, Asia, and North and South America. Chan is the author of Tango Zen. Visit www.tangozen.com for more information on Tango Zen.

For more information on the workshop, please visit www.eomega.org.

"TangoZen is tango milonguero.  TangoZen is about learning to appreciate traditional tango through disciplines of Zen, which is synonymous to simplicity and clarity of body and mind. "

http://www.TangoZen.com