[Tango-A] NA-E: Atlanta Tango Festival: last notice

Angel Montero angel_montero01 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 13:36:10 EDT 2008

The fourth edition of the Atlanta Tango Festival is ten days away.
Spring is in the air, and the forecast promises that temperatures are going to stay in the 70's.
Latest news:

Hotel:
The main hotel is basically cold out. A list of alternative hotels can be found at: www.atlantatangofestival.com/venue.html

Registration and gender balance:
Registration is still openbut followers are strongly encouraged (but not required) to enroll with a partner  to minimize last minute gender imbalance.
We are really close to gender balance the workshops. We don't anticipate more than a 2-3 dancers imbalance per workshop.
In order to achieve GENDER BALANCE, the following measures will be taken once the Festival starts:
1- No "drop in" enrollment will be available at the door for followers. "Drop in" registration for leaders will only be allowed if leaders are needed at the moment of registration.
2- "A la carte" registration will be allowed for couples.
3- Any individual will be able to purchase MILONGA passes or Milonga tickets at the door. We suggest buying a Milonga Pass.

Photography and Videography:
While non-flash amateur photography is allowed during the festival, professional photographers should seek permission from the organizers. Filming of any event during the festival is only allowed with EXPLICIT PERMISSION of the teachers or the organizers. We will be flexible, but you need to talk to us.
Please be aware that attending any of the events of the Atlanta Tango Festival means to observe these rules. A notice will be posted outside every room to remind everybody of this policy.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us with any question, suggestion or doubt.

See you here next week.