[Tango-A] NA-E: NYC Sun. Mar. 23 another great night plus holiday greetings!

Lucille Krasne lukrasne at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 16:11:53 EDT 2008

ESMERALDA¹S TANGO AND TAPAS THIS SUNDAY --MAR 23
Esmeralda wishes-- to whom it may concern-- (1) Happy Purim, or (2) Happy
Easter (3) Others
(there are several other principle religious communities also celebrating a
major holiday this very day‹a very unusual confluence of celebrations) For
all others who are none of the above, wishes for just plain happiness.

More, more fine dancing for 5 hours from 7:30 to 12:30 (or later) at SESSION
73, 73 and 1st, SW corner.
With either D.J. Ilene de Woodstock or D.J. Yesim La Turca. We will find out
soooon!
(Note: You can purchase ³practice² c.d.s Ilene prepares for us‹also a couple
of great dvds are available)

Again, we do not usually have guests performing, as we we are into die-hard
dancing--but we will have another nice couple show up ---Ilene is sponsoring
this couple as she thinks they are the cats¹ pijamas and the bee¹s rodillas
and I respect her opinion. She thinks their milonga is to die for. We will
ask that they do this for us. Read Ilene¹s great promo for them below.

$10 admission includes the beginner and pre-intermediate classes both at
6:30
JEAN FUNG teaches pre-intermediate, Beginners with me.

Courtesy drink is--- extended until 8:30 pm in café with an order of very
delicious tapas.
I look forward to seeing loads of you wonderful people soooooo! Lucila

Gustavo Benzecry Sabá & María Olivera  (from Buenos Aires)
  BEAUTIFUL DANCERS AND TEACHERS!!!
Known for their exquisite Tango de Salon and Milonga Traspie (see video
links below).....
Maria and Gustavo belong to the very best of contemporary Argentine Tango
salon dancers. Authors of two great books on tango, they regularly perform
at the top milongas of Buenos Aires and teach regularly at Salon Canning.
They also work for the renowned "Escuela de Tango Beba Bidart" and for the
"Centro Cultural Torquato Tasso". Their invigorating musicality and superb
technique and sentimientos, makes them equally sought after performers and
teachers - they have also toured Europe and Canada several times. This is a
rare  visit to New York!!

Gustavo authored the book "La Pista Del Abrazo - Tecnicas y Metaforas entre
el Tango y la Vida", translated by Maria into its English version "Embracing
Tango". This unique book about Tango de Salon deals with the many concepts
related to this popular style of tango, as well as with the codes of
behaviour at milongas, working out strategies pertaining to dance invitation
and acceptance!!

Gustavo is also the author of "TangoDanza Glossary  - Key to Tango Argentino
dance terms", which describes more than 300 terms related to tango, with the
prologue by Juan Carlos Copes and Carlos Gavito and epilogue by Miguel Angel
Zotto. For his work as a dancer, teacher and writer Gustavo has been awarded
"Sabados milongueros" and "Pa'que bailen los muchachos", an honor degree
recognized by several government agencies.
LINKS TO VIDEOS WITH GUSTAVO AND MARIA:

 http://mariaygustavotango.blogspot.com
<http://mariaygustavotango.blogspot.com/>   (web site with latest video from
2008 US Tour)