[Tango-A] NA-E

Nussbaum, Martin mnussbau at law.nyc.gov
Fri Mar 7 18:36:29 EST 2008

NYC Tango Lab Meeting Sunday 3 /9 :  Got tango game? Bring it.

The Plan: Exploration, creativity, analysis, technique, pushing the
envelope while still retaining elegance and passion of Argentine Tango.
Non-profit, non-partisan. no cost to join, we will meet at local
practicas,   no obligation, just pay regular practica admission,  if you
dont like what we are working on no problem, just continue dancing at
the practica, or suggest your own ideas for something to work on. We
will post or email to list of members weekly topic. referencing a
specific idea in a youtube clip from one of our favorite maestros, and
take off from there. Our favorites? Gustavo Naveira y Giselle Anne,
Chicho Frumboli, Sebastian Arce y Mariana Montes. We also enjoy tasty
side dishes like Eugenia y Ezekiel,  Esteban y Claudia, Nick and Tara,
Pablo and Dana, Homer and Christina. Damn right that's a big buffet to
choose from.  Several lifetimes worth of practice, so lets get busy.
We will teach each other.   Heck, this is the greatest City, with an
amazing concentration of talented dancers, we should be able to
contribute some unique NYC flava to the tango.

We meet this Sunday at Stepping Out practica between 4 and 6. Yeah, I
know it starts at 3, we give you an hour to warm up. We are
non-partisan, chose that one because its roomy and
inexpensive.  And they didn't kick us out.  Yet.  Here is what we'll be
focusing on this week: (clip and
paste to your browser if this doesn't appear as a link).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD3urDKYZas

1:30-1:35,  we will experiment with variations of posadas,  and jump
at1:50-1:52
Check it out.
Martin and Lyna