[Tango-A] NA-W: 8th LABOR DAY DENVER => ALBUQUERQUE TANGO FESTIVAL

Tom Stermitz stermitz at Tango.org
Fri Jun 20 18:18:29 EDT 2008

FIRST NOTICE: 8th LABOR DAY DENVER => ALBUQUERQUE TANGO FESTIVAL
- Aug 28 - Sep 1, 2008.
- http://LaEternaMilonga.com
- stermitz at tango.org
- Please forward to your friends

Due to the Democratic National Convention, The 8th Annual Denver Tango
Festival has been moved to Albuquerque. The friendly community of
tango dancers in Albuquerque are enthusiastically preparing a hot
welcome for a Tango Festival with a Southwestern Flavor. This festival
features an outdoor Tango on the Plaza with a Southwestern Buffet
Dinner.

HOTEL REGISTRATION:
- Albuquerque Hilton
- (505) 884-2500
- 1901 University Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM, 87102

AIRLINES: Try Southwest, Frontier and United Airlines.

LOTS OF GOOD DANCERS

This is another tango festival "By Dancers; For Dancers". Come join
the great dancers of New Mexico, and all your friends from past
festivals. As always, the dance floors will be set up for good social
dancing: tables surrounding the floor, great DJs, good floor-craft.
Each year the dancing just gets better. We will NOT have beginner
classes, but we will offer an Intermediate track. Intermediate assumes
you have basic navigation skills and simple tango vocabulary, like
ochos and ocho cortados.

Who's coming? Check out the new mapping feature that shows all the
attendees from the Memorial Day Tango Festival in Denver:
http://laeternamilonga.com/mem08_map.html

SEVEN MILONGAS

The Albuquerque Tango Festival features 7 milongas from Thursday
through Monday at dawn. We hire some of the best DJs from across the
US. Your festival pass includes the glorious Outdoor Milonga and
Southwestern Buffet at the National Hispanic Center Plaza.

The festival DJs will use a tanda and cortina format, and the dance
floor is set up for social dancing: rectangular with tables and
seating off the floor. Dancers know the cabeceo, or eye game; catch
her eye from five feet or across the crowded room. The dance floors
have two or three lanes set up for good flow and navigation.

THURSDAY EARLY ARRIVAL CLASSES

Christopher Nassopoulos will present the Thursday early arrival classes.

PRICING

Early purchase pricing is in affect through the end of June. See
website for full details, but note that we also offer Saturday-arrival
discounts if you can't arrive until Saturday. Gold Pass $145. Milonga
Pass $70, Hotel $99/night.

Half-price student workstudy pass for full time students who sign up
to help at the desk for a few hours. Many hands make light work, so
this is not a huge burden.

SUNDAY REST & RELAXATION:

Note that Sunday classes start a bit later to give you more rest.

FEATURED INSTRUCTORS:

Christopher Nassopoulos & Caroline Peattie, San Francisco
Robin Thomas, New York, NY & Marika Landry, Montreal, QU
Yelena Sinelnikova & Avik Basu, Ann Arbor, MI

FEATURED DJS:

Robin Thomas, New York, NY
Avik Basu, Ann Arbor, MI
Paul Akmajian, Albuquerque, NM