[Tango-A] NA-C: Tango Salón con Tete y Silvia -- Minneapolis -- August 8-10, 2008

ceverett@ceverett.com ceverett at ceverett.com
Sat Jun 7 01:26:47 EDT 2008

I am pleased to bring Tete and Silvia back to Minneapolis.  Tete is one
of the great geniuses of tango alive on our time, and together they are
spectacular avatars of Argentine Tango.

Bio
===
Pedro "Tete" Rusconi and Silvia Ceriani have been working together
since 1995.  They have toured Europe and the United States extensively,
teaching and performing in workshops and festivals.  Their instruction
prioritizes musicality, sensuality and freedom of movement and their
vals classes are especially appreciated worldwide.

Tete is famed for his unique musicality; his tango is the tango of the
Golden Era of the '40s and '50s.

Their videos are used and seen by many close embrace dancers:
"Fundamentals of Salon Tango with Tete and Silvia" and "Advanced Salon
Tango in Waltz Rhythm with Tete and Silvia".   In 2007, Odile Fillon
(Paris) made a documentary called "Tete et Silvia, Milongueros"; Daniel
Tonelli (Buenos Aires) has also made a short film about Tete.

Tete and Silvia are included in Paul Pellicoro's book "Paul Pellicoro on
Tango" (New York, 2002), and you can enjoy their interviews in the
June/July and August ’07 issues of Chicago's Tango Noticias magazine.

Cadencia, the effects of the music
==================================
All movements have visible direction and velocity in the sense that
those dimensions can be measured and an invisible, immeasurable quality
which we call intention.  It is this mysterious element of intention
that makes us dancers.  We propose in these classes to work on combining
those elements so that the steps we have learned look personal and
beautiful in each dancer.

Speaking of cadencia, Tete explains “The lips don’t speak, the body
speaks.  What does the body say when it is alongside another body, what
does it give to your partner as you dance?  There is a very special
movement the body makes with music. This movement is called cadencia.
I believe elegance, embrace and cadencia are enough to make a person
embrace this dance and want to learn it: tango salón is a conversation
of love between two bodies."

Schedule

Friday
8:00 pm  All Levels: The axis and changing direction on the dance floor.
9:00 pm  Milonga Flor de Luna, with demonstrations by Tete and Silvia;
         DJ: Christopher Everett

Saturday
1:00 pm  All Levels: Movement and pause, cadencia and continuity in
         turns
3:15 pm  Intermediate: Differentiating tango and vals
9:00 pm  TSoM Milonga (at On Your Toes in St. Louis Park)

Sunday
1:00 pm  Intermediate: Simple sequences, repetition and improvisation
3:15 pm  Advanced: Finding your own steps

Monday
8:30 pm  All Levels: Making friends with the music, focusing on the most
         relevant orquestra tipicas of the Golden Age: D'Arienzo, Di
         Sarli, Troilo and Pugliese (location TBA)

Locations
=========
Four Seasons
1637 Hennepin Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55403
(612) 342-0902

On Your Toes
5810 W 36th St, Minneapolis, MN 55416
(952) 928-7803

Pricing
=======
Friday night Class + Milonga: $20.00
Private lessons are available, $100.00

Early bird deadline is midnight of Saturday August 2nd.

I take cash, checks and Paypal (including credit cards).  Make checks
to Christopher L. Everett.  My Paypal address is ceverett at ceverett.com,
please note what you are paying for in the comment field.

Discounts
=========
50% discount for full time students with valid ID

I will pay the entry to the Saturday night TSoM Milonga for early birds
registering for the full workshop.

Contact
=======
Christopher L. Everett
ceverett at ceverett.com (preferred)
612-812-8664 (after 6:00 pm only)

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions about class content,
locations, travel or housing.