[Tango-A] NA-E: TRIANGULO'S JUNE CLASSES START TODAY -- SUBJECT OF THE MONTH IS VALS!

Virginia Nicholson ginny at tangonyc.com
Tue Jun 3 02:00:03 EDT 2008

*****TRIANGULO'S JUNE CLASSES START TODAY ******

June Classes Start Tues June 3rd, Wed June 4th & Thurs June 5th!

Our subject of the month is tango vals (waltz). Sometimes referred to
as Vals Criollo or Vals Cruzada, the tango waltz is danced in 3/4 time
rather than 4/4 (or 2/4) time. Learn how to dance to the spirited
music of the tango vals, incorporate turns, and keep pace with the
vals rhythm.
Check out www.tangonyc.com for the complete class schedule.

Attention advanced dancers: our advanced tango technique workshop on
Thursdays @ 8:30pm will also be studying vals. This level is for
students who have taken at least a year of classes. This class
explores the technical aspects of the dance with special emphasis on
the basic elements: lead and follow weight changes, pivots, turns,
shared and individual axis, changes of direction and counterbalance.
You will learn to find your own personal dance style and advance your
improvisation abilities.

Carina Moeller is a professional dancer with training in modern dance
and ballet who has worked with such tango greats as Fabian Salas,
Pablo Veron, and Mingo Pugliese. Press clips
http://www.tangonyc.com/musings.html

TriANGulO
35 W. 20th Street (btw 6th and 7th Aves), 3rd Floor, NYC
www.tangonyc.com (212) 633-6445
Contact: ginny at tangonyc.com